Pep's contract situation

He's the best manager we have ever had no doubt but comments like this always make me roll my eyes. Like we are going to be fighting relegation when Pep leaves. We are far too well run for that to happen. Whenever he decides to call it time we will still be winning titles and cups and signing top players.
I hope you’re right but look at the Rags after Ferguson left. I know our club is run infinitely better than theirs but it will still be difficult to find a manager who can come close to Pep and who won’t suffer under the weight of expectation like Moyes, Van Gaal etc etc did

That 'pub style’ plan B ‘hoof it up whatever you want to call it beat us on Sat. Edrson MOM? fuck that!
No one wants Pep to leave btw, but life goes on.
Mancini and Pellers never won the CL either, we’ll be ok - there there.
man the fuck up! Sats game was shite -no subs played -joke.
"wHy DIdn'T hE bRInG aNy SUbs oN?" is the other refrain of the football ignoramus. I'm surprised you didn't call him "stubborn" too, the unholy trinity. Subs are not some automatic panacea for everything unless you don't know anything about football. Sometimes the team is doing OK and doesn't need disrupting. Other times changes to the existing personnel is a better idea. He made three tactical changes on Saturday and none of them really worked but I see what he was doing.

It was just one of those days, a game of fine margins. We get a couple of them EVERY SINGLE season and sure as night follows day we get idiots on here declaring it to be the manager's fault like football is some binary exact science.

It's not Pep's genius every time we win and it's not his fault every time we lose. He gets judged on the sum total of all his decisions on and off the field because the majority of them pay off.

It is rumored Pep is going to decide his future with his wife during the 5 week break.

It is common knowledge they have both been living apart from each other a lot .With his wife having her own business in Spain.It must put a strain on their relationship.

What ever happens City will still be here tomorrow when we wake up..

We either finish our love story with Pep.Or start a new chapter.

We are built on solid foundations.Those predicting doom are going to be left seriously disappointed.

Our next manager after Pep be it this year, next year, etc.Will have to play football the City way.

"wHy DIdn'T hE bRInG aNy SUbs oN?" is the other refrain of the football ignoramus. I'm surprised you didn't call him "stubborn" too, the unholy trinity. Subs are not some automatic panacea for everything unless you don't know anything about football. Sometimes the team is doing OK and doesn't need disrupting. Other times changes to the existing personnel is a better idea. He made three tactical changes on Saturday and none of them really worked but I see what he was doing.

It was just one of those days, a game of fine margins. We get a couple of them EVERY SINGLE season and sure as night follows day we get idiots on here declaring it to be the manager's fault like football is some binary exact science.

It's not Pep's genius every time we win and it's not his fault every time we lose. He gets judged on the sum total of all his decisions on and off the field because the majority of them pay off.
I can understand why people felt he should have brought on more substitutes on Saturday. I don't think it makes those people inferior to you, but they have a different opinion and that's fine. It does not mean that these people automatically know nothing about football and nor does it make them an ignoramus.

I can understand why people felt he should have brought on more substitutes on Saturday. I don't think it makes those people inferior to you, but they have a different opinion and that's fine. It does not mean that these people automatically know nothing about football and nor does it make them an ignoramus.
Nah mate. First he said Pep needed to be sacked. Then he said Pep wants to leave. Then he said he had no plan B. Then he said he should have brought subs on. Not every opinion in football is equal, most are stupid and this guy is clearly an ignoramus because of the sum total of those posts, not the one that you read in isolation.

That 'pub style’ plan B ‘hoof it up whatever you want to call it beat us on Sat. Edrson MOM? fuck that!
No one wants Pep to leave btw, but life goes on.
Mancini and Pellers never won the CL either, we’ll be ok - there there.
man the fuck up! Sats game was shite -no subs played -joke.
Julian came on....

i reckon he signs a extension to take him to 10 years at the club, then our higher ups will see how Arteta and Gallardo do over the years. Peps a massive fan of both managers.

That’s a tad harsh, he should have made more subs, and earlier, on Saturday. Just because he’s a football genius doesn’t make him infallible. Otherwise we might as we well just fuck the forum off if we aren’t allowed to question his decisions.

To be fair against Brighton, Pep changed the tactics after 20 minutes of their man to man pressing. Straight away Ederson played a long ball over them and Haaland scored. If teams stay deep though and rely on their own long balls, our long balls don't work.
Yeah, increasingly using bits of success that other teams have managed against us, put 'em all together and we are in for a hard afternoon, particularly if we don't get the blatant pens that are a given for other teams.

He's the best manager we have ever had no doubt but comments like this always make me roll my eyes. Like we are going to be fighting relegation when Pep leaves. We are far too well run for that to happen. Whenever he decides to call it time we will still be winning titles and cups and signing top players.
Tend to agree to a certain degree, keeping hold of Soriano and Txiki is of equal importance, if its a whole change then it could be a different matter however, their remit from the offset was to get Pep in as manager, they've succeeded on that part, football clubs evolve and we are no different to any other club, Pep is the major pull for me in players coming in, the biggest pressure of all would come from us the fans moving forward, you've seen how some on here want his head on a pole when we lose the odd game , Messi was in tears when Pep left Barca and they unravelled pretty quickly when he left , its a shame Arteta left when he did but the man has ambition and fair play to him. The way Vinny Kompany is performing at Burnley is something we should keep an eye on...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.