Pep's contract situation

He's a victim of his own high standards then. Our points per game ratio will take a massive drop when he leaves no matter how successful that person is.
I want Pep here for a long time. I know of one man who could keep the train rolling were Pep to leave, one Hansi Flick coming back into club football.

I hope you’re right but look at the Rags after Ferguson left. I know our club is run infinitely better than theirs but it will still be difficult to find a manager who can come close to Pep and who won’t suffer under the weight of expectation like Moyes, Van Gaal etc etc did
Did Barca or Bayern collapse post Pep? An emphatic no.

Why don’t you stick to asking why the Royal Navy don’t police the Channel? You sound so nice in that thread,
Oh god. It’s always the way isn’t it?
I agree with some points you make and some points he makes, Guardiola doesn't really have a plan B it's his way of playing and that's it, sometimes his stubborn ways are there for all to see, sometimes he over thinks things, he has been given more time than any other city manager, who knows where mancini would have taken us, who knows where Manuel would have taken us? Pep took over the club when it was in a great place, I dont give 2 fucks about the champions league if I am honest, but Pep has not covered himself I glory with us in that competition, the final against Chelsea was all on Pep, we kept the same team all competition, then he decides to change it all for the final, if he does go my 2 choices would be Arteta or Howe
I think I disagree with every single phrase in that diatribe. Jesus. Can’t be arsed to take it to bits but it is had about 14 pieces of horseshit strung together to make one pile if stinking manure.

I think I disagree with every single phrase in that diatribe. Jesus. Can’t be arsed to take it to bits but it is had about 14 pieces of horseshit strung together to make one pile if stinking manure.
I'm a "I want Pep here forever" brigade but..
Sometimes I dream of having a bluemoon forum that doesn't.. A) call someone a **** (and mean it)...B) generally berate their opinion...C) make them feel completely inadequate, for having an opinion.

Forums are about opinions. If we all agreed there'd be no point.

I agree with some points you make and some points he makes, Guardiola doesn't really have a plan B it's his way of playing and that's it, sometimes his stubborn ways are there for all to see, sometimes he over thinks things, he has been given more time than any other city manager, who knows where mancini would have taken us, who knows where Manuel would have taken us? Pep took over the club when it was in a great place, I dont give 2 fucks about the champions league if I am honest, but Pep has not covered himself in glory with us in that competition, the final against Chelsea was all on Pep, we kept the same team all competition, then he decides to change it all for the final, if he does go my 2 choices would be Arteta or Howe
You make out like he hasn't won anything with us. Be careful what you wish for pal. Why would Arteta leave Arsenal ? They have a conveyor belt churning out good talent and Howe isn't going anywhere while he's God in Newcastle.

I agree with some points you make and some points he makes, Guardiola doesn't really have a plan B it's his way of playing and that's it, sometimes his stubborn ways are there for all to see, sometimes he over thinks things, he has been given more time than any other city manager, who knows where mancini would have taken us, who knows where Manuel would have taken us? Pep took over the club when it was in a great place, I dont give 2 fucks about the champions league if I am honest, but Pep has not covered himself in glory with us in that competition, the final against Chelsea was all on Pep, we kept the same team all competition, then he decides to change it all for the final, if he does go my 2 choices would be Arteta or Howe
Pep in the same time as Mancini and Pellegrini won more titles with a better football, woth 10 times more records and with 10 times more domination im every aspect of the game. There are dozens of reasons why Pep is in every list of the top 5 best managers of all time.

Comparing them to Pep, is like comparing Ribery to Messi. A great player who can have some really good seasons to a player that revolutionates football, and whose 3 worst seasons are comparable to Ribbery's best 3 seasons. Are you joking?

Sometimes I dream of having a bluemoon forum that doesn't.. A) call someone a **** (and mean it)...B) generally berate their opinion...C) make them feel completely inadequate, for having an opinion.

Sure, but when someone says: I think Pep doesn't have a plan b, or compare Pep as a manager to Mancini or Pellegrini(as good as they are is like comparing Ribbery to Messi)... I think even 4th division managers have a plan b, and to think that the best, and most revolutionary manager by far in the last 20 years doesn't have a plan b...is laughable

Sure, but when someone says: I think Pep doesn't have a plan b, or compare Pep as a manager to Mancini or Pellegrini(as good as they are is like comparing Ribbery to Messi)... I think even 4th division managers have a plan b, and to think that the best, and most revolutionary manager by far in the last 20 years doesn't have a plan b...is laughable
What is plan b. How do we know plan bbis not implemented by pep making subtle changes. Maybe plan b was implemented against Fulham the week before.

Plan b for most is going long to a big man. Probably one if the most out of date terms is plan b.

Pep spends hours/days working on tactics and how he wants the game to be panned out. It works more than it doesn’t. On Saturday we are one minute away from a draw. If one player had either fouled one of theirs on the break or stopped that cross then things would look a lot brighter.

How is pep supposed to be able to control what happened there. Players have to take responsibility on the field. Pep can only do so much.

Well said mate. I'm sure some posters actually feel good about themselves after giving someone a good going over on here just for saying something a bit different. And then there's the little cliques as well, real tough guys.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.