Pep's contract situation

I love the way people round on other blues on here, his point was if pep wants out then so be it, we need to accept he won't be here for ever and yes we have had some wonderful times and seen some great football, but Pep isn't without fault, and we will see a new manager at some point, but do you all believe that city haven't planned for this? and do you all believe when Pep leaves we are done?
You know what, it's ultimately sad. A real rotten core and closed shop.

I like Pep like the next man, he’s obviously a legend, but, he does seem to have a weakness, less than most but never the less there for all to see.

We should be able to express opinions without hostility, thats the point. Ive never slagged anyone off on here for having an opposing opinion to me, why would I? all this shit is just opinions - its not rocket science.

Being a ‘Happy Clapper’ won’t change that - we got dicked by the long ball (plan B) whatever - we had no answers,
but we had 5 subs, even Superman has his kryptonite. Look, no one wants him to go, but, I hate to break it to you...Pep can be stubborn.

Last edited:
Peps stays,Burnley get promotion, do well in the PL for 2 years, and then "its to you Vincent Kompany". How I would love him back at our club continuing the dynasty. That is the wish.

I have not always been convinced by old players getting involved as managers but, Vincent, Vieira could do a job. Arteta although not an ex-player worked with Pep and will be building a gooner dynasty until we buy their best players again.There is a merry-go-round of more experienced managers like Ancelotti, Tuchel etc. and not convinced City would go for one of these guys.In fact Ten Hag was a consideration and had Pep been leaving I reckon he would have waited for City rather than deal with that shit show of a club in Salford.

So my theory is simple. Pep stays and sorts the squad deficiencies over the next two years. Then handed over to a younger more dynamic manager than some of the old duffers doing the rounds.
Yeah the dream appointment when Pep does go should be VK assuming he progresses enough.

Bringing in one of the better/usual merry-go-round managers just wouldn't be right for us as fans or the club. Whoever follows him ideally should be in a position to do 8/10 years themselves.

Yeah the dream appointment when Pep does go should be VK assuming he progresses enough.

Bringing in one of the better/usual merry-go-round managers just wouldn't be right for us as fans or the club. Whoever follows him ideally should be in a position to do 8/10 years themselves.
Its going to be impossible to know if VK will ever be good enough. It would kill me to see him join and be out within 12mths like Lampard at Chelsea etc.

Its going to be impossible to know if VK will ever be good enough. It would kill me to see him join and be out within 12mths like Lampard at Chelsea etc.
Yes that is the worry but, assuming Pep does another 2/3 years, it'll give us as a club time to get a good look at Vinny.

It's obviously early days for him yet, did well in Belgium, doing very well in the championship upto now but both a world away from where we are.

I agree with some points you make and some points he makes, Guardiola doesn't really have a plan B it's his way of playing and that's it, sometimes his stubborn ways are there for all to see, sometimes he over thinks things, he has been given more time than any other city manager, who knows where mancini would have taken us, who knows where Manuel would have taken us? Pep took over the club when it was in a great place, I dont give 2 fucks about the champions league if I am honest, but Pep has not covered himself in glory with us in that competition, the final against Chelsea was all on Pep, we kept the same team all competition, then he decides to change it all for the final, if he does go my 2 choices would be Arteta or Howe
Howe ? Lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.