Pep's contract situation

Pep re-upped his Barca contracts on Feb-Mar time frame. I’d expect him to do this same this year IF he doesn’t take care of it when he meets Khaldoon & Mansour in Abu Dhabi during the mid-season “pre-season”!!

Pep in the same time as Mancini and Pellegrini won more titles with a better football, woth 10 times more records and with 10 times more domination im every aspect of the game. There are dozens of reasons why Pep is in every list of the top 5 best managers of all time.

Comparing them to Pep, is like comparing Ribery to Messi. A great player who can have some really good seasons to a player that revolutionates football, and whose 3 worst seasons are comparable to Ribbery's best 3 seasons. Are you joking?
I didnt compare them though did i, I said who knows what might have happened if they stayed, I'm not slagging pep in the slightest,

You make out like he hasn't won anything with us. Be careful what you wish for pal. Why would Arteta leave Arsenal ? They have a conveyor belt churning out good talent and Howe isn't going anywhere while he's God in Newcastle.
I dont wish for him to leave, I am saying 1 day it is going to happen, and I am saying the club will surely have a plan for that day, maybe 1 of those 2 won't come, but it would be 1 of them I would like to see come, both still young and bot olay good attractive football

Doubt there’s any plan yet as we almost certainly don’t need one yet.When we need a plan we’ll have one , it will most likely be a good one. As good as Pep probably not quite but who knows.

Agree with your repeat point that if the club needed one, they'd have one.

What makes you think we would know if the club had one though?

The fact we’re not hearing anything from the media about potential new managers says to me the club already know he’s staying

Surely if there was any chance he was going the club would be putting out feelers and if they were the press would get wind of it

Don't think so myself, not these days, seems much more tight and together now.

We take things that can be read a number of ways, and read them exactly the one way we want to.

It is possible that Pep's 'I'm happy here but am waiting till specifically after the world cup to commit' is just that, he might want to see (like he hasn't already) 'how players respond to him'. Or if it works for his family. Or whatever.

It could also be the club have a manager ready, who will take part in the world cup, and are waiting till after it, to not derail their campaign and raise too much of a talking topic surrounding our team.

Everything Pep has said so far gives nothing away. I doubt he and the club don't already know their decisions and are yet to decide. So he has played it really well, to keep answering it so consistently without slipping or hinting anything away.

Not sure I said we would know, if I did I didn’t mean to.

Apologies. I read it as because we haven't heard it, must mean the club don't need a replacement. Agree entirely if they did, they already would have one, behind the scenes.

Peps stays,Burnley get promotion, do well in the PL for 2 years, and then "its to you Vincent Kompany". How I would love him back at our club continuing the dynasty. That is the wish.

I have not always been convinced by old players getting involved as managers but, Vincent, Vieira could do a job. Arteta although not an ex-player worked with Pep and will be building a gooner dynasty until we buy their best players again.There is a merry-go-round of more experienced managers like Ancelotti, Tuchel etc. and not convinced City would go for one of these guys.In fact Ten Hag was a consideration and had Pep been leaving I reckon he would have waited for City rather than deal with that shit show of a club in Salford.

So my theory is simple. Pep stays and sorts the squad deficiencies over the next two years. Then handed over to a younger more dynamic manager than some of the old duffers doing the rounds.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.