Pep's contract situation

Do you not think Howe is a good manager? Look at the job he has done with the Newcastle team, got them right up there and not really spent much money, did a great job at Bournemouth on a shoe string budget, and his teams always play good football
We are a much different beast , a massive machine if you will, we need a proven at the highest level manager so howe, lol, i like him but not for us

We are a much different beast , a massive machine if you will, we need a proven at the highest level manager so howe, lol, i like him but not for us
If it was this summer I'd agree if we are talking 3 years from now Howe may well be in contention. If I had to name 5 contenders now for 2026 I think Howe would be in that list. Obviously the list may change between now and then.

Not sure , but needs to play our way , have big club experience and cl experience and be experienced enough to handle a squad like ours
I can only think of one person that matches that, Enrique, who may or may not be available when we come to need somebody. To be honest a year ago my preference was Ten Hag but that won't happen now so predicting who's available in 3 years is imposssible.

I can only think of one person that matches that, Enrique, who may or may not be available when we come to need somebody. To be honest a year ago my preference was Ten Hag but that won't happen now so predicting who's available in 3 years is imposssible.
Agreed it is impossible now and assuming pep does do another three yrs of course

Enrique had no such experience when he was given the Barcelona job. Pep had even less, so did Villanova. Same with Zidane when he was appointed Real Madrid manager. Or Arteta at Arsenal, or Potter at Chelsea.

If big clubs hired only managers that already had Champions League experience or had only managed other big clubs and squads, there wouldn't be enough managers to go round.

I know it is not your own point as such, responding more to the theme here just now rather than specifically to you.

I would take an intern manager for 2/3 season and bring pep back again. Let him go off and do what he wants but he won’t find another club that will support him like city. Maybe he will one day end up at the Barca academy but not anytime soon. Go for a lesser known name and wait until he returns. He can then do another 10 season :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.