Pep's contract situation

I would take an intern manager for 2/3 season and bring pep back again. Let him go off and do what he wants but he won’t find another club that will support him like city. Maybe he will one day end up at the Barca academy but not anytime soon. Go for a lesser known name and wait until he returns. He can then do another 10 season :-)
Why would any decent manager accept a job under those conditions. Not a chance that happens even if Pep wanted it.

If we wanted Howe, not a chance he would walk away from the Toon, he could take that club to the very top of the game, they will be serious challengers to us on all levels in the coming years.

Same applies to Arteta, starting to look a high quality manager, always had a superb reputation as a coach and again why would he walk away from all the hard work he has done there?
Exactly. Either things are going well for Howe, in which case he's happy, building something, but with less pressure and not having to follow in the footsteps of one of the greatest managers of all time, or things aren't going well and then we'd need to ask why.

I think he's a decent manager, will maybe get them a top four finish and a cup before he is done, but I can't see him kicking on to being one of Europe's best.

Exactly. Either things are going well for Howe, in which case he's happy, building something, but with less pressure and not having to follow in the footsteps of one of the greatest managers of all time, or things aren't going well and then we'd need to ask why.

I think he's a decent manager, will maybe get them a top four finish and a cup before he is done, but I can't see him kicking on to being one of Europe's best.
Howe was superb at Bournemouth, keeping them in the Prem as long as he did was outstanding.

Now at Newcastle he is starting to build something that could be special, he is a very good man, intelligent , and a superb man manager and this season is showing he is also a good football technician.

Newcastle with the backing they have will be a huge force in the coming seasons at home and in Europe, and from what I see, Howe can be very much the leader of it, good luck to him, as said a very decent, humble man.

Why would any decent manager accept a job under those conditions. Not a chance that happens even if Pep wanted it.
Plenty of managers would jump at the chance to manage city for 3 season. Didn’t do Pellegrini any harm. Pep is city and city is pep. Anything can be worked out if both parties want it too.

Plenty of managers would jump at the chance to manage city for 3 season. Didn’t do Pellegrini any harm. Pep is city and city is pep. Anything can be worked out if both parties want it too.
I could see Pep as some sort of ambassador/consultant after he finishes, but it would depend on what our board’s vision was and what Pep wants to do.

We don’t need what the rags have done with the Pisscan.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.