Pep's contract situation

Hang on, didn’t Gaughan also write last week that Pep had met with a senior top class player about getting a feel about the players confidence in him about an extension? That changed quick?! The more I read it is the more it’s a guess piece imo, poor from Jack the timing as well to be honest as he seems a decent fella and trusted City source? Laughable that Blackburn posted the same but later and yet both say although no decision has been made, sources at the club tell them it’s likely he leaves?!
Wasn’t Gaughan - was someone else

Hang on, didn’t Gaughan also write last week that Pep had met with a senior top class player about getting a feel about the players confidence in him about an extension? That changed quick?! The more I read it is the more it’s a guess piece imo, poor from Jack the timing as well to be honest as he seems a decent fella and trusted City source? Laughable that Blackburn posted the same but later and yet both say although no decision has been made, sources at the club tell them it’s likely he leaves?!
It was Mike Keegan who reported that Pep had met with a senior player.

Dont see wholesale changes at all. The whole set up over the last 15 years has been for continuity throughout the entire club at all levels. To make wholesale Changes goes against our whole ethos.

If Pep goes thats the time the set up we have is going to be really tested (succession planning). Cant see the architects of all that (Txixi/Ferran) doing one at that point. Would be lunacy to let that happen!!
Well, I don’t disagree about those two leaving, but the club wouldn’t be able to stop them if they wanted to go to. To repeat, I don’t want that to happen, but I’m just saying I could see it, and it wouldn’t surprise me.

I just can’t see him at another club. Same way I can’t see Klopp at another club.

They both seem(ed) to have a genuine bond with City/Dippers and they’re emotional managers.

But Pep won’t retire. So national team in time for the World Cup in 2026?

I also can’t believe a perfectionist like him isn’t going to round it up to 10 years!!!

[MikeKeegan] Man City want Pep to sign new long-term contract extension. He discussed the prospect with 1 key player. City will put no pressure on Guardiola.​

Gaughan is often used by the club and given "exclusives"

Sadly I think it's written in good faith or the club are going to pull down everyone's pants and announce an extension later in the summer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.