Pep's contract situation

If it is Pep’s last season, Pep should tell the players and staff that it is at the start of the season. We don’t want a Klopp scenario where he tells the players and the staff during the season. It’s better that the players know before the start of the season so they can deal with Pep leaving and go and make it 5 PL titles in a row.

Totally agree. Thought the timing of Klopp's announcement was a shambles from their side, but helpful for us and Arsenal. If this is go be Pep's last season, let's be open about it. If there's any manager I would trust to still be able to get the most from his team in a final season, it's Pep.

Always thought it likely he would leave once we won the Champions League, so I didn’t expect another extension.

Realistically we’ve done exceptionally well to keep him for as long as we have. He’s got everything he wants here in terms of the club, but he’s also a bloke living away from his family, who doesn’t need the money and could live anywhere and do anything he wants in the world.

The media will have a field day because, frankly, they’ve been waiting for him to leave since he first turned up and our domination of the past seven years or so has been a disaster for them.

I think Alonso will come in next.

If it is Pep’s last season, Pep should tell the players and staff that it is at the start of the season. We don’t want a Klopp scenario where he tells the players and the staff during the season. It’s better that the players know before the start of the season so they can deal with Pep leaving and go and make it 5 PL titles in a row.

I don't think they are that comparable myself, and Pep showed it can work when he left Bayern.

However, there is a second layer to it where you absolutely have a point.

Pep's whole thing is 'I will see how the players are, how they respond'.

That's a gauntlet. Imo, not a chance he lays that down, then in December decides to go, leaving an inevitable implication or suggestion that the players aren't up to it, or are not 'responding'. Which is ultimately how it would be latched on to, and he knows it.

Imo, and this is a personal take, when he does decide to leave, he will frame it differently, and will take all pressure off the club and players, and will make it all about his state of mind, Not that of the team. And probably will choose his moment well.

So while we keep seeing these 'we will decide next season' remarks that set a challenge for the players to show hunger and motivation, I will feel pretty positive about it all.

And if it does turn out he leaves, I will embrace that too.

Always thought it likely he would leave once we won the Champions League, so I didn’t expect another extension.

Realistically we’ve done exceptionally well to keep him for as long as we have. He’s got everything he wants here in terms of the club, but he’s also a bloke living away from his family, who doesn’t need the money and could live anywhere and do anything he wants in the world.

The media will have a field day because, frankly, they’ve been waiting for him to leave since he first turned up and our domination of the past seven years or so has been a disaster for them.

Bingo and Pep leaving the PL is a nightmare scenario for the league, both huge box office figures, even more so if they ended up in La Liga.

Alonso would be a superb choice but if he comes to us it means he could never manage the dippers and he has a strong affinity with them.

The death threats Alonso would receive would put him off. Scousers are like that

I did ask soriano about the charges, and that was his response, why would I lie about that lol???

And I did see Hatton with all his wanker mates in Mary D’s and did over hear one of his goons say Somet about a 115 party in there, but as I stated he was just a pissed up idiot,

And I did speak to someone well connected at the club on Saturday, who told me the news of pep going, I actually revealed the news in another thread on here before the media reports in the Mail,

I don’t know why your getting your knickers in a twist you big tart, accept it and deal with it,

in khaldoon I trust 100% along with the owner on who he works on behalf of,
1) Soriano gives that answer to everyone. He’s a very accessible person & is often standing watching events in the concourse so you & a million others have asked the same question & got the same answer.

2) Hatton - say no more. Another case of speculation

3) you spoke to someone well connected to the club? Well he can’t be if he’s leaking information to ”fans”

Give it a rest. Nobody believes a word you say

The biggest worry is the up and coming transfer windows, if he is leaving that a blow to our pulling power.

We are still a huge pull for any player but far less for me without Pep, he was often the difference in getting a signature and deal done.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.