Pep's contract situation

I do wonder if the best answer to all this media chatter that will carry on especially after Klopp going would be for City and Pep to come to an understanding, he signs another year with an agreement he can decide next January to walk away after a year no problem. There is enough trust for it not even to be written into the contract.

Klopp signed till '26 did he not? And left a year later with loads of time on his contract. If that were to happen the club and all of us would no doubt understand.

But the way I see it, Pep values loyalty and reliability. If he signs a contract, whether it is 1 year, 2 or 3, he sees it out. He only signs what he is confident he can do.

I really don't think he does soundbites. If he says he likes it here, he likes it here. If he says he'll think about it, he will. If he says he doesn’t know, then he is not sitting on anything. And when he says he has had enough, he will have had enough. That's how I see it, and am happy with that.

This particularly writer has a history of getting City scoop so I’m not going to just dismiss it out of hand. You may recall last year he was the first one to report we were going after Gvardiol in the press.

Two journalists that have a history of getting City inside info picked up on this story. I don’t know if they are right but it is noteworthy given their history.
I know there good journalists for info, but they haven't said anything we didn't already know.

The other view point is the clubs. We gave pep the perfect environment to win. Txiki coming in before him was a masterstroke.
Paid him a ton of money, gave him top players to work with and generally allowed his football philosophy to prevail.

He won’t get that anywhere else.

We are only in this position due to the forward planning by khaldoon. IMO he is mad to leave and whomever comes in next will have a blueprint to work from albeit slightly unattainable due to them not being Pep.

All I am saying is that all of the above will be hard to walk away from and also a big reason why the club was successful before pep and will hopefully be successful after pep.

Last edited:
The other view point is the clubs. We gave pep the perfect environment to win. Txiki coming in before him was a masterstroke.
Paid him a ton of money, gave him top players to work with and generally allowed his football philosophy to prevail.

We are only in this position due to the forward planning by khaldoon. IMO he is mad to leave and whomever comes in next will have a blueprint to work from albeit slightly unattainable due to them not being Pep.

All I am saying is that all of the above will be hard to walk away from.
I think Pep knows it - which is why he is considering rather than saying it’s his last year

Pep will stay. Give him an extended holiday and the players he needs this summer. Not our second or third targets like the last two summer windows. I’m feeling pretty confident about it. Let’s also see how hungry the players are after the Euros too in who wants to stay and fight for 5-in-a-row and who wants to fuck off. Fuck all this negative press.

Starting to get a queasy feeling.

KDB aging/ rumours, Eddie rumours, Bernie rumours, looming legal decisions.

Yes... we all knew all of this would happen but the last several seasons have been stellar for one major reason- and Id gut the club to keep him another 4 years knowing after 2 of those we'd be at the absolute apex again as any coach coming in will see our gears slip at least for a few seasons and will never reach the top ones we've seen.

Pep is the greatest manager to ever prowl the touchline. He's not just a good manager he's a man you can expect to be the face and voice of the club. He doesn't cry like a Klopp doesn't throw players under the bus like a Jose... et many others and fucking shreds reporters like a Ginzu through slow roast chicken. Hes a guy you'd love to have a pint with and a guy you know would have your back if you got that pint in the wrong pub.

It's indicative of the end of an era for me... I have enjoyed the ride.
I wish I could give you a virtual slap right around the chops. Get a grip. Lol

All I am saying is that all of the above will be hard to walk away from.
I think your spot on, unless he goes to a CFG job who is going to support him like us, Munich pissed him about, Barca put too much pressure on him and I think behind closed doors things weren’t good. Even moving to a CFG job it will be like stepping down to the first Divison, I could only see him getting frustrated and annoyed when he’s not getting world class players to work with. The only club which could suit him at the moment is Madrid and I can’t really see him going there, Italian teams aren’t flush, he’s done Germany, so where does he go? Play golf forever I just don’t see it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.