Pep's contract situation

We might need Joe Royle to get us out of the Championship/1st Division again. ;-)

I kind of get that. Why would you leave having for example just won 5 in a row. When you can go on to win a 6th, and really set records.

I know, he left Bayern having won 3 in a row, but then he had this job to move to. Can't see what job he'd want to move to that would be an upgrade.

But then, Pep is Pep. He decides whatnhe wants and he seems to want what he feels. Think it will be led as much by emotion as it will by logic.

At the moment he comes across as being all in, so hopefully that continues.

My feeling too. You can see he is tired, but we are seeing him at the end of a season. A few new signings, a motivated squad willing to run through walls for him next season, chance of 5 in a row and the new CWC and watch the old energy return. Plenty of time for soul-searching, but after a month playing golf he will be itching to return, I think.

So let the guy have a holiday and see what he sees at the start of next season. Which is what he always says, tbh.

Feeling on Bergiristain is that he stays as long as Guardiola stays. Feeling on Soriano is that the CFG is his baby. He will be expected see it through to successful adulthood. Mansour has put a lot of money into his vision and it isn't successful yet.

My feeling too. You can see he is tired, but we are seeing him at the end of a season. A few new signings, a motivated squad willing to run through walls for him next season, chance of 5 in a row and the new CWC and watch the old energy return. Plenty of time for soul-searching, but after a month playing golf he will be itching to return, I think.

So let the guy have a holiday and see what he sees at the start of next season. Which is what he always says, tbh.

Feeling on Bergiristain is that he stays as long as Guardiola stays. Feeling on Soriano is that the CFG is his baby. He will be expected see it through to successful adulthood. Mansour has put a lot of money into his vision and it isn't successful yet.

I think if we were going by Pep's demeanor alone and what he has been saying, I dare guess many of us would be sitting with a half expectation he would actually extend. In the recent months he has been positive and has hinted at possibly extending often. Even immediately after the final game, it was all left very open.

The 'expectation' that he will leave is very coming from outside noise and a few claiming to know the supposed 'feeling around the club'.

It is also coming from this rumour (if there is any truth to it whatsoever) that Txiki is retiring. And as such Ferran is supposedly moving on, and an assumption that Pep can't function without them. And then in turn that KDB and Ederson and others would follow him out the door.

But (if at all true to begin with), why Couldn't Pep continue without Txiki and/or Ferran?

He always starts his praise for his environment and the club with the Chairman. And extends it right down to the medical department and backroom staff. All that would still be in place, are we supposed to believe he is that fragile that he can't hack it without Txiki?

Yea it is a reasonable assumption that they are so close that they would want to all leave together. But it is also a pretty basic one and quite banal. They are not attached at the hip, they are adults. Pep didn't need them to go to New York, manage at Bayern, and chances are his next managerial job after us won't involve them anyway. Not convinced it is a rule he has to leave with them, if indeed either if them does leave.

I think if we were going by Pep's demeanor alone and what he has been saying, I dare guess many of us would be sitting with a half expectation he would actually extend. In the recent months he has been positive and has hinted at possibly extending often. Even immediately after the final game, it was all left very open.

The 'expectation' that he will leave is very coming from outside noise and a few claiming to know the supposed 'feeling around the club'.

It is also coming from this rumour (if there is any truth to it whatsoever) that Txiki is retiring. And as such Ferran is supposedly moving on, and an assumption that Pep can't function without them. And then in turn that KDB and Ederson and others would follow him out the door.

But (if at all true to begin with), why Couldn't Pep continue without Txiki and/or Ferran?

He always starts his praise for his environment and the club with the Chairman. And extends it right down to the medical department and backroom staff. All that would still be in place, are we supposed to believe he is that fragile that he can't hack it without Txiki?

Yea it is a reasonable assumption that they are so close that they would want to all leave together. But it is also a pretty basic one and quite banal. They are not attached at the hip, they are adults. Pep didn't need them to go to New York, manage at Bayern, and chances are his next managerial job after us won't involve them anyway. Not convinced it is a rule he has to leave with them, if indeed either if them does leave.

All very true. But my feeling is that Bergiristain stays if Guardiola stays and leaves when Guardiola leaves. Their relationship "demands" that I think. That doesn't mean Guardiola can't work without him as that obviously has been proven not to be true. But at City, Bergiristain will support Guardiola as long as he stays. I think.

But who knows? Just my feeling :)

All very true. But my feeling is that Bergiristain stays if Guardiola stays and leaves when Guardiola leaves. Their relationship "demands" that I think. That doesn't mean Guardiola can't work without him as that obviously has been proven not to be true. But at City, Bergiristain will support Guardiola as long as he stays. I think.

But who knows? Just my feeling :)

It is a fair and somewhat obvious thing to assume. But also a bit too basic imo.

Txiki is 59. While I get he could probably easily retire right now and doesn't need to work any longer, he also has plenty left to offer and is hardly too old to do it.

Given the rest of us will probably be working till we're fucking 90, the least he can do is another 5 years ;). With Pep, of course.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.