Pep's contract situation

Never happen, but he could logically keep the city job and manage England part time, not like he doesn’t know all the players. He could have an assistant that did the donkey work. When it is an international break he could manage England, all our players are away anyway. Of course, makes his breaks even more limited
No way you could do both jobs other than on a temporary basis which would make little sense. A lot of people underestimate the amount of effort required. Ok not as intensive as a league managers job but it is far from being 6 or 8 weeks work a year.

When the day he leaves comes, I will be gutted... but managing England would take some of the pain away
Even better if he could stay with us and do that part time

At least we won't have a Yes Man !!!

I’ve a nagging feeling this might be the job that sees Pep depart. I can’t think of any other job in world football that could attract him more than this.

The entire English game throughout the four divisions, even down to grass roots in part, has been changed because of him. He will no doubt be given the highest salary ever paid to a manager, too.

It is a worry.
There is certainly not another club job that i could see attracting him at this time.

The National job would give him more r&r time then after a WC, get back into club football, maybe even at NYCFC.

There is certainly not another club job that i could see attracting him at this time.

The National job would give him more r&r time then after a WC, get back into club football, maybe even at NYCFC.
With all respect to them, I couldn’t see it exciting him, although maybe that would be the point - so much less intense. It’s a tough one as he doesn’t seem the kind of person to take second best. His ideas just might not be capable of being reached in the MLS.

International management and then retirement maybe for him.

It would be very bitter sweet if he took the England job. I just can’t see how he doesn’t give it a really serious thought. The timeline all adds up too.

If Pep did leave hopefully he doesn’t, but I can see us going for Amorim. Viana and him working together with a higher budget to what they had at Sporting. Plus looking at his stats for manager he’s got 70 percent win rate at Sporting.

I think he's a good fit. My ideal scenario would be he comes in for 2 years as Peps assistant then takes the big job afterwards. He would be an effective conduit between Pep and the new dof Viana and gain experience of the Premier League without being under immediate pressure.
That’s too funny.

If Pep did leave hopefully he doesn’t, but I can see us going for Amorim. Viana and him working together with a higher budget to what they had at Sporting. Plus looking at his stats for manager he’s got 70 percent win rate at Sporting.
I believe Ten Hag had a 70 plus win rate at Ajax. It is a lot different when you get to the Premier League. Coaches coming from small leagues carry a lot of risk

I’ve a nagging feeling this might be the job that sees Pep depart. I can’t think of any other job in world football that could attract him more than this.

The entire English game throughout the four divisions, even down to grass roots in part, has been changed because of him. He will no doubt be given the highest salary ever paid to a manager, too.

It is a worry.
The press would then suggest his salary was so high that he was killing off grass root football as the FA have to cut back to fund his salary.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.