Pep's contract situation

Its probably been posted elsewhere, and i appreciate the FA and PL are different entities, but bearing in mind the whole of the British media, have been labelling City (and by association Pep) a bunch of cheats for at least a couple of years, and many have implied / stated that Pep has only been able to achieve what he has, by spending huge amounts of "dirty oil money", why on earth would they want to be linked to him, particularly with the "115" still hanging around.
Also, and i know this has been posted elsewhere, clubs supposedly can't tap up other clubs managers, but presumably its ok for international associations to do so??
Had to laugh at Goal.com, claiming Pep needs to be England manager to be the goat.

Reactions: nmc
Why Rush?

Why keep everyone hanging, hugely importantly moment for the club.

A rebuild is required and I would imagine Pep leaving may well mean losing a couple of players that may stay otherwise.

Football moves quickly and the way we plan, time is everything.
Agreed. A year kinda makes sense. I think players like Kev, Walker, gundo etc will stay / play until pep leaves and then go their own ways. Another year probably covers that about right in terms of what they have left and also gives us next summer to really rebuild the squad and bed those players in.

Agreed. A year kinda makes sense. I think players like Kev, Walker, gundo etc will stay / play until pep leaves and then go their own ways. Another year probably covers that about right in terms of what they have left and also gives us next summer to really rebuild the squad and bed those players in.

Next summer with the CWC? There is no time then to do anything .....

I think he’s going to stay for another year. He’ll want to win the CWC with us and his comments on the PL not allowing us to start later afterwards points to him thinking about next season. Would be nice for him to play a season in front of the new Pep End, and enjoy a lap of honour after we’ve cleared ourselves of the 115 shit.
We’ve got spurs and the bin dippers first two games after the international break in November, let the speculation build and then announce the extension then. Would pop some balloons.
When he goes I could see him managing Italy. Think he’s said he’d like to go there at some point and the national team might suit him after the World Cup in 26.

Next summer is going be chaos isn’t it. CWC, pep staying or leaving, quite a lot of work needed on the squad. The one thing we hopefully can control early is Pep staying an extra year.

One thing we know is that the club's continuity planning is excellent. Look at how they handled Begiristain leaving. Nothing and then done and replaced.

If Guardiola is leaving it will all be handled as smoothly and in the background and it won't leave the club with a problem at any stage. When the time is right to announce staying or leaving - boom. It's annoying for fans maybe, but it's the best way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.