Pep's contract situation

One thing we know is that the club's continuity planning is excellent. Look at how they handled Begiristain leaving. Nothing and then done and replaced.

If Guardiola is leaving it will all be handled as smoothly and in the background and it won't leave the club with a problem at any stage. When the time is right to announce staying or leaving - boom. It's annoying for fans maybe, but it's the best way.
One thing amongst many this club does better than any other club is planning for the future.

A one year extension doesn’t suit the club in the slightest.
Continued uncertainty until 2026 just feels like kicking the can down the road.
We’ll just have the same questions we had last summer, potentially when the squad needs a rebuild.
I completely understand it’s Pep Guardiola and you want to squeeze every last bit out of him but is it at detriment to the long term planning. I’d argue it is.

Stars are really aligning on other jobs he might be interested, he could still walk imo.

We’ll just have the same questions we had last summer, potentially when the squad needs a rebuild.
I completely understand it’s Pep Guardiola and you want to squeeze every last bit out of him but is it at detriment to the long term planning. I’d argue it is.

Stars are really aligning on other jobs he might be interested, he could still walk imo.
I tend to agree and I never thought I would say that re Pep. It’s become obvious that he is going sometime in the next 18 months and City may have the chance to team up the two Sporting guys which they might not have in a year’s time.

All that said, if Pep said he was extending another 12 months I would still be very happy.

Hmmm Pep staying another year or Pep not staying another year, I know which I’d prefer

A one year extension suits the club perfectly fine, cant see the club, or more importantly Pep himself leaving the club on the same day as Txiki , far too much upheaval for one, another season after this and hand over, but with Pep you just don't know, but cant for the life of me see him leaving end of this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.