Pep's contract situation

Love the way the media are now making out that Pep is the most unique & greatest manager ever born. Of course, they’re really loving the chance to cause our fans more stress but they never learn - City plan ahead & know exactly what’s going to happen next - & when.
It will also be spectacularly successful

Pep playing a blinder here, getting serenaded by the hacks on the off chance of becoming the England manager, he'll get the full on Plopp farewell treatment. Then I hope he later on drops a new extension with us, and watch them all seethe with anger & rejection.

I was always under the impression pep would stay mainly because there wasn’t another job out there that would interest him.

With the England job opening I’m starting to think there is a real chance pep does take that job. If I were to try and read the tea leaves with the latest interview, noise from media etc I’d wager that pep is genuinely tempted by England job and is currently undecided.

A one year extension doesn’t suit the club in the slightest.
Continued uncertainty until 2026 just feels like kicking the can down the road.
We’ll just have the same questions we had last summer, potentially when the squad needs a rebuild.
I completely understand it’s Pep Guardiola and you want to squeeze every last bit out of him but is it at detriment to the long term planning. I’d argue it is.

Stars are really aligning on other jobs he might be interested, he could still walk imo.
Most top organisations conduct a year long hand over - for due diligence purposes and successful transition. Football is too full of ego's for that type of process (to it's detriment). Hand over periods are designed to ensure core values are passed on doesn't mean the new broom doesn't put their stamp on it. A new CEO wouldn't go into GSK for example and start saying from day one - lets start making cars for example! extreme but we allow new managers in most clubs to just try and replace all back room staff, structure etc within weeks of landing! If Pep extends it should be with a hand over plan as the key part of it.

I was always under the impression pep would stay mainly because there wasn’t another job out there that would interest him.

With the England job opening I’m starting to think there is a real chance pep does take that job. If I were to try and read the tea leaves with the latest interview, noise from media etc I’d wager that pep is genuinely tempted by England job and is currently undecided.
Sorry mate, for the life of me I just cant see Pep leaving City for the England job, licking his arse now aren't they all of a sudden? For years its been Pep can only do it with money. Some absolute plank in the mail writing today that how could they employ him with the 115 charges hanging over the club, another writing that England missed out on him and employed Woy instead. How could he possibly leave City with a legal case hanging over the club that will run into the middle of next year and beyond.
IMO he will extend until 2026 then maybe either take the England job or take a one year sabbatical.

I think it could be a now or never with the England job for Pep.

A one year extension doesn’t suit the club in the slightest.
Continued uncertainty until 2026 just feels like kicking the can down the road.
We’ll just have the same questions we had last summer, potentially when the squad needs a rebuild.
I completely understand it’s Pep Guardiola and you want to squeeze every last bit out of him but is it at detriment to the long term planning. I’d argue it is.

Stars are really aligning on other jobs he might be interested, he could still walk imo.

I wouldn't mind that one bit. I imagine that would be an arrangement both Pep and the club would be happy with, and speculation really is meaningless in the grand scheme of things.

I would of course prefer a longer extension. And I personally expect teo years.

But I don't think a running yearly revisit at this point is at all a bad thing.

I'm not sure why there's such a clamour amongst the media for Pep to be the next England manager - because he is the greatest or because they are so sick of our success and are desperate for him to leave City

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.