Pep's contract situation

No way Pep takes the England job for less than £10m a season - probably a lot more.

Can’t see how the FA can justify that when they are responsible for grass roots of the game and other international managers get paid poorly.

This whole situation is a bit of a piss take anyway. Love Pep but all this drama to feed his ego is a pathetic. Either sign a contract or let’s move on. Why all the drama which will now fill every press conference for the rest of the season.
He’s just getting on with his job. At this stage it’s got nothing to do with anyone but him and his wife what he’s thinking about doing. It’s not really got anything to do with City yet.

He signed a new contract in November 2020 and November 2022, why should be even be thinking of informing anyone else what his employment choices might be before November 2024 or even before the 115 case outcome?

I’ve a nagging feeling this might be the job that sees Pep depart. I can’t think of any other job in world football that could attract him more than this.

The entire English game throughout the four divisions, even down to grass roots in part, has been changed because of him. He will no doubt be given the highest salary ever paid to a manager, too.

It is a worry.

Imo, if Pep leaves, it willnorbe because another job has attracted him. I just don't think that is how he operates. He commits fully to the job ar hand, and when he feels he can't anymore, he leaves. And Then worries about what's next. He also hinted at taking a break after us, which I can see happening.

Pep has repeatedly practiced what he preaches, and told us what his thinking has been. He is about as transparent as it gets imo.

If he does leave, it will imo be because he feels he has done all he can. Not because there is a convenient looking half tempting job there on the side.

But I don't think he will leave, myself. I still seefire there and I think he might well feel there is mote to give and get here.

What he says and what he does are two different things.
Go ahead and give me some meaningful examples of this.

And I don't meaplaying g players he said had niggles or trivial things like that. Actual big, life relevant things.

That's not to say I think he can't ever change his mind. But that is completely different to saying one thing doing another. And a bit disrespectful to his time here, too.

100% but the same applies, Pep must know what he is doing, and the speculation is starting to get silly.
Just because the speculation gets silly, doesn't mean we as fans need to. The team and pep are more robust and we have seen plenty to be able to do the same.

Not aimed at you btw.

Go ahead and give me some meaningful examples of this.

And I don't meaplaying g players he said had niggles or trivial things like that. Actual big, life relevant things.

That's not to say I think he can't ever change his mind. But that is completely different to saying one thing doing another. And a bit disrespectful to his time here, too.
Injuries: "I have not spoken to the doctor, not sure what the issue is....bollocks!"

Managers: Mr ________ what a great manager, what a job they have done etc....bollocks!

Players: Nunes at Sporting: "the best player in the world" bollocks.

I have no issues with his words in the media, he is a highly intelligent, master of man management and physiology, but what he says and what he means are two very different things, again no issue with that.

Injuries: "I have not spoken to the doctor, not sure what the issue is....bollocks!"

Managers: Mr ________ what a great manager, what a job they have done etc....bollocks!

Players: Nunes at Sporting: "the best player in the world" bollocks.

I have no issues with his words in the media, he is a highly intelligent, master of man management and physiology, but what he says and what he means are two very different things, again no issue with that.
You missed a very meaningful part of my post.

Just because the speculation gets silly, doesn't mean we as fans need to. The team and pep are more robust and we have seen plenty to be able to do the same.

Not aimed at you btw.
Speculation in this situation is not good because as he witnessed across the road when the pisscan announced his "first" retirement and his teams form dropped off a cliff, I am sure Pep and the club are aware the very same thing happens, hence if he is staying, why delay the announcement?

Speculation in this situation is not good because as he witnessed across the road when the pisscan announced his "first" retirement and his teams form dropped off a cliff, I am sure Pep and the club are aware the very same thing happens, hence if he is staying, why delay the announcement?

Why rush it? They have always had November down for talks/agreements/announcements. They have done that twice before. If anything, thise two times speculation was more intense imo, because the expectation of him leaving was higher or more obvious given it was unknown for him to stay this long st places.

Nothing has changed. A few articles, during an international break.

Absolutely zero beed to rush it, the club and Pep will do it in their own time, at their own pace, and I fully back that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.