Pep's contract situation

I’ve not read the whole thread but for goodness sake! Pep is our manager and will be until he goes which will be when either he or the club decide! Speculation about him going isn’t going to encourage him to stay is it? Let’s just concentrate on getting the team right without this nonsense about the manager!!!
This is what happened with Mr Pellegrini even before they announced Pep was coming! Leave it alone!

Pep reads bluemoon and may go as a result? Don’t get my hopes up fella:-)

What would we have to moan about if we won all the time anyway. I was so angry and annoyed last night but it is a new challenge to build a new and improved team. Let’s just hope the new players step up and we don’t see gundo or fern again. Quick point if pep really believed Phil and Bernardo were ready they wld of played. What is he seeing that we are not?

No chance as long as pep is here, gundogan will go nowhere.

He obsesses too much on the opposition mate. That team selection was shocking last night apparently Lyon were terrified of Foden. Why not play the lad then?

I think you need experienced players to get knocked out of Europe, Pep has proved this regularly with us and Bayern.

You can’t judge pep on the chumps alone. Take a step back and look at how he has transformed how we play. He has transformed the club to a higher status. He has fought our corner with cas. Pep has elevated us to super club. It is a hard perch to stay on. The high level of play is not as good as we have got used to and it is simply the players getting older and new players not taking their place in the team.

I have never doubted any of that. I love the guy. Not only would I happily have him sign a 5 year contract I think replacing him will be incredibly difficult and could send us backwards.

Doesn't take away from the fact he continuously messes up where it matters the most. He sat on that team and formation for days before implementing it. Some players miss chances or make mistakes in a split second in the heat of battle. Guardiola actually thought about playing that team and then went with it. He has cost us big time in this particular competition.

You can’t judge pep on the chumps alone. Take a step back and look at how he has transformed how we play. He has transformed the club to a higher status. He has fought our corner with cas. Pep has elevated us to super club. It is a hard perch to stay on. The high level of play is not as good as we have got used to and it is simply the players getting older and new players not taking their place in the team.
Superclubs sack managers after seasons like we've had. Madrid sacked Capello after they won the league due to failure in the CL.
Barca will be waving adiós to Setien and Sardi is no more.
I wouldn't want Pep sacked as that would be insulting to a man who has brought us great domestic success. Don't see the point in one more year. We've done that before.

But right there is exactly why Pep was so guarded in his team selection. We battered them but conceded twice and there was another few opportunities where they were a over hit pass or wrong selection from other golden opportunities.

I would rather Pep went for it but we all know our defensive limitations and Pep tried to mitigate against that. People calling him arrogant (not you) are well wide of the mark, arrogance would have been playing exactly as we normally do and expecting a different outcome to previous results against United etc who use a low block and then break at pace.

That seems to escape some people. Pep does not do these things out of arrogance. It's popular to claim that he overthinks things, and maybe he does at times but it's the fact that he thinks so much about things that has helped him to achieve huge success as a manager and will hopefully lead to him solving the problems the team currently faces.

One thing Pep demands from his team is that they run like bastards. That is about as far from arrogant as you can get.

It doesn't just happen with Pep but the number of times I've seen or heard managers slagged when a team they picked and that should have been more than good enough to win a game has lost is many. Sometimes players just don't deliver and blaming the tactics and team selection are just a poor excuse. Top class players should be able to adapt out on the pitch if they need to but they should also get the basics right.

As angry as I am right now I would love him to sign up for another 5 years.

But however long he is here for what I really, really want right now is for the senior players like De Bruyne, Sterling, Gundo, Laporte etc to stand up to him. I want them to knock on his door and tell him how shit that was and they don't want to be put in that position again. We expect loyalty from our players yet KDB is 29 and we've just badly let him down when he's at the height of his powers. That cannot keep happening, you don't get too many opportunities at this competition and the ones we get can't be wasted against average teams.

You want the manager to stay and the players to tell him how to do his job?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.