Pep's contract situation

It was our inability to create enough chances and attack consistently which killed us the other night.
Didn't say it wasn't
But scintillating attacking football isn't the be all and end all.
I don't enjoy watching our kamikaze defending. It's depressing. And Sevilla had to cope with a couple of periods of intense pressure which they managed pretty well and then resumed control of the game.

Even the best teams have periods where their opponents have an inspired 10 minute spell. We usually concede.

Nobody is bigger than the club we all love, surely that is one thing on which we can agree. He should still be accountable.

If Pellegrini or Mancini had overseen this campaign, they would presumably be judged much more harshly by our hierarchy.

Yes Pep rightly has credit in the bank, but the very best keep moving forwards rather than dining out on achievements of previous years, no matter how awesome they were.

The owners bought us over a decade ago to rule Europe. We are nowhere near.
Oh do fuck off with the line that we have to win the champion's league within a certain time frame.
The owners came in to make the club bigger and better and to challenge the elite. We've bossed the Premier league and are trying to do the same with the champions league but finding it a tougher nut to crack.
I'm sure you already know but it took taggart 13 years to win the corrupt cup. We got all the money and all the time in the world to win it.

So he needs another three years of tinkering and fucking around with the team on the eve of our most important games in Europe eh? Four years of it has been bad enough.
Let’s be fair to Pep. We have played the best football that has ever been produced in English domestic football, you are making it sound like tenure at City has been a disaster. In Europe I think we can all agree he hasn’t done as well as we all hoped . But I think overall he has been brilliant he just needs to stop over thinking the Champions League.

But scintillating attacking football isn't the be all and end all.

It's not the be all and end all, but I come from a school of thought where if you put a couple of goals past your opponent it kills the game quickly. It doesn't matter if we concede a stupid goal and are 3-0 up already, play to our strengths.

The problem we had the other night was we pissed about with it, passing it backwards and sideways for long periods of the game and that is particularity draining for the team and defenders.

Lots of teams next year are going to setup like Arsenal, 11 in the box defending hit on the break, we are dog shit at breaking that down, we end up crossing in to midgets in the box, no plan B a Dzeko type player. whilst Peps tactics have in the past worked great even he has realised this league is different and now teams are adapting, unless it’s Liverpool no one is going to play us at our own game, it’s not like Spain or Germany, other teams will take a point if they can and fight another day. No pint in passing the ball side to side on the halfway line i5 achieves nothing beca use teams aren’t going to be daft enough to try and high press us, this is why I think we need a different type of CF for these games, someone tall and physical, Haaland or we change to a more Liverpool esque attacking fast paced game. He needs a plan B because sticking with A all the time is not going to work anyone.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.