Pep's contract situation

Hope he extends, no one better out there for us.

Bad season but we had two amazing seasons before that.

guess it was a poor season - but only by our recent standards. 36 other clubs in the league would love to have won 2 trophies, reached Semi of FA Cup; second in league; beat RM to reach quarters of CL.

However, I agree that we now have greater expectations which resulted in a lot of unhappy fans after the Lyon game.

if only we hadn’t played with three number 6s!!!! But had we scored when we should have done having had so much possession - it might have looked like a good plan.

Oh do fuck off with the line that we have to win the champion's league within a certain time frame.
The owners came in to make the club bigger and better and to challenge the elite. We've bossed the Premier league and are trying to do the same with the champions league but finding it a tougher nut to crack.
I'm sure you already know but it took taggart 13 years to win the corrupt cup. We got all the money and all the time in the world to win it.
No need for hostility my fellow Blue, it's a game of opinions! Have a good day.

So the premier league is the more moral competition then ?
I thought people have been saying all year , that the prem is corrupt aswell ,var fucking us over , Liverpool getting generous decisions, United getting a million penalties etc.

With Uefa with there bent ffp with coefficient points money distribution to history clubs make the champs league a lot more rotten to the core premier league ffp has more leeway, Var has to get in line with Europe this season so let’s see how that goes can’t be as bad as last season.

Oh do fuck off with the line that we have to win the champion's league within a certain time frame.
The owners came in to make the club bigger and better and to challenge the elite. We've bossed the Premier league and are trying to do the same with the champions league but finding it a tougher nut to crack.
I'm sure you already know but it took taggart 13 years to win the corrupt cup. We got all the money and all the time in the world to win it.

How very true!! Great post

It was our inability to create enough chances and attack consistently which killed us the other night.
Expect goals stat were City 3 Lyon 0.9
It was the inability to convert chances and the inability to defend Lyon’s chances Just like all the defeats this season and in fact most under Pep The rags suffered exactly the same last night Imagine how many goals Sterling in particular would have if he had convert more of the chances he should have done

Last season it would have been unthinkable to question Pep but we ended the season playing 3 at the back and Gundogan and Rodri in front of them in a CL quarter final with Bernardo and Foden on the bench.

We've gone from playing 433 with one deep midfielder to regularly playing two deep midfielders.

Problems were understandable after Laporte was injured but thereafter I don't know why he kept doing it. Perhaps he was unhappy with Rodri?

Every coach is known for a certain style of play. We were forced by injury to make some changes in our set up this season. Fair enough, but why when Laporte returned did we not return to the style and system that has served us so well?

Pep had his critics in the media when he came to City. They will feel vindicated at the moment.

I wonder what Pep will do now. He may have two choices:
  1. Extend his deal,
  2. See out his contract.
City may however want him to extend or leave. I think that's unlikely because we lost Arteta and there does not seem to be an obvious replacement.

The season was disappointing. Initially it felt like bad luck, but the conclusion of the season in the FA Cup semi-final and the Champions League was very disappointing as both can be linked to questionable midfield selections. City were a smooth functioning machine last season. Why when personnel became available did we try and have to invent a new style for us. You should have stayed true to yourself Pep.

Now we contemplate the end of the season, and wonder what lessons Pep himself will draw and what we can expect from the next season.

I am pleased we bought Ake, but ideally I'd like Koulibaly too. If we have a solid defensive pair then surely a defensive midfield two will be dropped.

I thought we all knew what Pep was about but now questions are left hanging in the air.

Exactly
It staggers me how many say that Pep was brought in to win the champions league If anyone says that to me i ask them how do they know that as the club say very little in the media and the owner says nothing

How very true!! Great post
Not sure how much longer the owners will be satisfied with our CL performances and happy to class it as a tough nut to crack.
Again, not sure why I was told to fuck off for expressing an opinion in a game of opinions. We are all Blues, the rest of the country and most of Europe hates us, no need to swear at each other.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.