Pep's contract situation

Nearly everybody wants Pep to stay but the indecision that may be developing is not good. I suppose that is the luxury that a manager of the stature of Pep enjoys. Most managers live a hand to mouth existence with the exit door looming large and open.
I agree with all that.
He has earned the right to stipulate his terms as far as I’m concerned.
I think the top brass at the club already have a pretty good idea how this will pan out barring disasters. Keep the numpty press in the dark for as long as possible I say.
If we get the right results there’s nowhere else he’s better off..

I firmly believe he will announce an extension at the January transfer window, to do so along with the announcement of Messi coming next June.
That's what my spider senses are tingling, and that's what I'm sticking with.
wic.gif

He has always maintained he would stay as long as the players want him to and then only if he has earned the right to stay.
He ras repeatedly said he loves Manchester and the people at the club.
I think an awful lot depends on results over the next few months. If they go our way and he feels the squad is on board then I think he will sign an extension, probably 2 years.
I really hope he does as the brand of football we have played under him is like nothing I have witnessed before.
Those who want the likes of Pochettino to replace him need to stop and look at exactly what each man has achieved in terms of success. I for one believe there’s no substitute for the experience, charisma and the draw for players to come to this club that Pep brings.
Get what your saying but how many managers out there have done what pep has done . Whoever we get after pep is gonna be a potential downgrade or a work in progress manager . I’ve always stated that I’d be happy if pep stays but I wouldn’t be that upset if he went . We need to know soon though .

Get what your saying but how many managers out there have done what pep has done . Whoever we get after pep is gonna be a potential downgrade or a work in progress manager . I’ve always stated that I’d be happy if pep stays but I wouldn’t be that upset if he went . We need to know soon though .

Why do we need to know soon?

I suspect the top brass have a pretty good idea what’s going on.
As I said in my previous post it’s our style to keep our cards close to our chest. Just look at our transfer dealings...no leaks till the ink is wet on the contract. The players will also be in the loop and look pretty relaxed about things.
The only thing that could derail an extension would be a string of really bad results in the next few months and no matter what the doomsayers on this forum say I think that’s pretty unlikely given how we have strengthened at the back.
Pep has everything he needs here to take the team into a new era and I’m pretty confident he will.

If we sign Messi in January there's not a chance Pep will leave, or Sergio either for that matter

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.