Pep's contract situation

The Project 2.0 rebuild is beginning in earnest and I think both we and he want to see him manage that transition to the CFA paying off not only in the transfer market but on the first team squad.

The framework is in place and there are a number of 30+ players who won’t be with us shortly. They need to have ready replacements, either coming through and being integrated into the team, or brought in from outside/off loan.

Personally, I think we are 5 players short of a PL winning squad over the next 3-5 years, as Ferna, Mahrez, Gundo, Walker, Sterling and even KDB start to push well past their peak. That’s not to say they couldn’t continue to make a living, but not at City, if we are to be in the frame for winning more silverware every year.

And, I would not be surprised that if Pep gets what he’s looking for this summer, he re-ups until June 2025 vice 2023, with his usual “Get Out of Jail Free” card.

The Project 2.0 rebuild is beginning in earnest and I think both we and he want to see him manage that transition to the CFA paying off not only in the transfer market but on the first team squad.

The framework is in place and there are a number of 30+ players who won’t be with us shortly. They need to have ready replacements, either coming through and being integrated into the team, or brought in from outside/off loan.

Personally, I think we are 5 players short of a PL winning squad over the next 3-5 years, as Ferna, Mahrez, Gundo, Walker, Sterling and even KDB start to push well past their peak. That’s not to say they couldn’t continue to make a living, but not at City, if we are to be in the frame for winning more silverware every year.

And, I would not be surprised that if Pep gets what he’s looking for this summer, he re-ups until June 2025 vice 2023, with his usual “Get Out of Jail Free” card.
Walker has at least 2 years left in him
Sterling has another 5 years left in him
Mahrez another 3/4
KDB another 3/4

not quite sure on your list

Walker has at least 2 years left in him
Sterling has another 5 years left in him
Mahrez another 3/4
KDB another 3/4

not quite sure on your list
As I said, there are plenty of YEARS they can play, the question is how long at a club like City…on top whack wages…when you have young talent coming through that will get poached if you don’t give them commensurate wages to their level.

At 30, clubs look long and hard at the contract RATE & LENGTH. It’s only the crème de la crème that are going to get offered a contract into their early-mid 30s at City.

Ferna is the exception, not the rule.

As I said, there are plenty of YEARS they can play, the question is how long at a club like City…on top whack wages…when you have young talent coming through that will get poached if you don’t give them commensurate wages to their level.

At 30, clubs look long and hard at the contract RATE & LENGTH. It’s only the crème de la crème that are going to get offered a contract into their early-mid 30s at City.

Ferna is the exception, not the rule.
Sterling is 27.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.