Pep's Press Conference | Reaction to CAS Verdict | Video (Pg 11) | Embargo (pg 57), Video (pg 58)

Indeed, the former PL champions and their untainted promotion to the PL just a couple of years earlier:

http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/...e-accounting-in-bid-to-avoid-£8m-charity-bill

I'm staggered by how little coverage this has received over the years. Most Leicester fans aren't even aware of it.
Yes, it was swept under the rug after a little more investigation in 2017. My belief is that it was mostly due to the tragic death of their owner, as no outlet wanted to be seen going after them after.

More may come out about that variance, and a few other accusations, as the impact of that fades a bit, though.

Only just watched the Pep interview.
He is such a contrast to the classless prick that is Mourinho.
And Klopp too. Called him out. He let his facade slip on this one.

Pep got the dig in about the 8 PL clubs or so that didn’t support us. No presumption of innocence and no support from the PL regarding what he sums up as jealousy from Spain and Tebas.

He puts things very well considering English isn’t his first language. He manages to leave you in no doubt as to who we regard as behind the disrespectfulness. Who it is to gain out of what we have been subjected too, but still maintains a dignity and respectfulness that they scarcely deserve.

Well done that man.

Pep - I salute you. What a man. Khaldoon - I salute you. What a man. You two, more than any others (and there have been many, including our owner, executives, players and fans) have given me great pride in my club. Thank you. I've been a match going fan for over 50 years. What an incredible roller coaster ride.

Been away from any type of media outlet for hours and just seen the transcripts to his press conference. Love it.

Pep is essentially saying to 8 and external parties against the club:

tenor.gif

He really took no prisoners

It sits alongside “illegal jumping” in our hall of shame.

My favourite story from that Bournemouth trip: A gang of Blackley blues we know were looking for a late bar and stumbled into the only place they could find. As they settled down they realised it was a gay bar. So they serenaded the pub with “we’re not really queer”.

It might not be hugely socially acceptable these days but it made me laugh at the time.
I remember that story; pretty sure it featured in a fanzine at the time.

Yes, it was swept under the rug after a little more investigation in 2017. My belief is that it was mostly due to the tragic death of their owner, as no outlet wanted to be seen going after them after.

More may come out about that variance, and a few other accusations, as the impact of that fades a bit, though.

It's well under the rug. Sir Dave Richards, former PL chairman, is the really interesting follow up in all of this.

The owner died in October 2018

Indeed, the former PL champions and their untainted promotion to the PL just a couple of years earlier:

http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/...e-accounting-in-bid-to-avoid-£8m-charity-bill

I'm staggered by how little coverage this has received over the years. Most Leicester fans aren't even aware of it.

Leicester's owners also created a bogus company which existed only as a letterhead and immediately used it to give the club £10 million in sponsorship. I can't remember the name of the company but Leicester got sussed and had to remove the money from their account and wound up the company.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.