Pep's tactics

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not so much about attack as it is possession. I think you'll see very few instances of us sticking in an extra defensive player to shore us up because it makes different parts of our game more difficult.

I don't mean a 'defensive' mid though, I just mean someone who makes the team 'different' to KDB & Silva. Faster or tougher or whatever. It could be as an attacking threat as much as defending, but then add extra legs, when defending as well.

For example, Delph can't polish their boots as a footballer, but if he presses the fuck out of the oppo centre mid & centre defence, so, because of his actions, the ball ends up with KDB & Gundogan or Fernandinho, who feed it to Sane Sterling & Aguero, & it's 1-0, then did we miss Silva ?

In one game, maybe that extra yard & extra aggression, makes the difference & the oppo manager has planned for something else.

Whatever, I think we have a fantastic squad of players which have a huge number of possible formations & tactics, now we have a real manager, & that he will probably want to find more than one way to skin the cat.

With his versatility and ability on the ball, I could see fernandinho integrating amazingly at right back in this formation. His position would be taken by gundogan and I would then look at getting sane on the left, although nolito looks to be the one who understands the tactics better than anyone up top.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

I don't mean a 'defensive' mid though, I just mean someone who makes the team 'different' to KDB & Silva. Faster or tougher or whatever. It could be as an attacking threat as much as defending, but then add extra legs, when defending as well.

For example, Delph can't polish their boots as a footballer, but if he presses the fuck out of the oppo centre mid & centre defence, so, because of his actions, the ball ends up with KDB & Gundogan or Fernandinho, who feed it to Sane Sterling & Aguero, & it's 1-0, then did we miss Silva ?

In one game, maybe that extra yard & extra aggression, makes the difference & the oppo manager has planned for something else.

Whatever, I think we have a fantastic squad of players which have a huge number of possible formations & tactics, now we have a real manager, & that he will probably want to find more than one way to skin the cat.

I'll be absolutely stunned if Silva gets dropped for Delph in a big game.

I understand why you'd say it, but if anything, Guardiola goes the other way in big games. He tries to get more possession.

Look at when he was managing Bayern against Barca.

i love this new style. fast pace and direct passing.
they knew when to up or down the tempo.
no more isolated player in midfield area, with inverted fullback is in effect.
and Aguero get enough support from 4 players behind him.

what makes it interesting, unlike traditional fullback, in this inverted fullback system,
they are not necessarily need to be fast pace, which suit us better with old fullbacks.
but great passing, anticipation, tactical awareness, ability to read the game and good decision making, are essential.
now i know why Pep didn't have interest in speedy Bruno Peres.

with that attributes, i wish Pep will have a look at younger player for the future.
player like - Mario Fernandes, Alessandro Florenzi, Alex Telles, Jose Gaya and Stefano Sturaro
will be a great addition to the team. some of them can play comfortably in both midfield and defender.

Last edited:
Gundogan is creative midfield. He will play in Silva, KDB position, not Fernandinho position. Only Fernando can play in Fernandinho position. This position need ability to spray the ball effectively as well as ability to defend. In Sunderland match when Kolarov or Stones try to bring the ball up, Fernandinho run back and swap the position. If Gundogan can hold centre back position then he can play Fernandinho position.

How can anyone seriously say anything like that about Guardiola ?

It's fucking frightening the kind of imbiciles get airplay in the football world.

Im sure they think his 21 titles in 7 years is also a show-off.

They want him managing FC Nonceborough in the 3rd division & win CL with them to even accept him as a manager worthy of the coaching badges.

As Fans, we should just sit back, fasten the seat belt, enjoy Pep's magic unfold game after game (win or lose, the process he is attempting is by itself fascinating & so important for the long-term success of the club). And on the other hand, get our popcorns out while listening to all the jealous ignorant muppets as they spout crap, calling themselves pundits :)

IMO you need a fast, tough, ball winner putting in bone-crunching tackles in midfield if you are going to be caught out of position. If your midfielder are intelligent enough to understand where they need to be, and work hard enough to do it, they don't need to be tough mothers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.