Peter Drury replaces Martin Tyler on Sky Sports

I'm looking into more cost effective alternatives to Sky, if you catch my drift. Getting sick of paying north of £48 per month for the privilege of having my team routinely slagged off by a succession of half wits who seemingly watch the game through one eye and offer nothing in the way of insight and analysis.

Why Always Ste said:
Wrong.

They are very intelligent. They are aware and briefed on their core audience.
They know who is watching. The millions of armchair rags willing City to lose.
The cameras not once panned onto our fans last night.
Any non-blues would think we didn't take anyone over there.

The real dumbwits are the brainwashed rags who soak up this biased drivel.
Sky do not dislike City. They like us.... we help them please their core audience.
I might be wrong but I don't believe they have any input on the camera work over there.

ColinLee said:
Why Always Ste said:
Wrong.

Sky do not dislike City. They like us.... we help them please their core audience.
I might be wrong but I don't believe they have any input on the camera work over there.

Tyler and quinn obviously dont have input on camera work , but the sky agenda is prevalent , when we have 3,000 supporters chanting and you can here them on the box and they didnt acknowledge this on one occasion , then on sky sports they are constantly referring to the rags new singing section , so dimwits , brainwashed rags and bias drivel is a very apt description of sky's general premiership presentation

Why Always Ste said:
Wrong.

Oh come on, you do realise that they have absolutely nothing to do with what was shown last night? That's why every time a long ball was played we ended up watching a pitch side view of a ball in the air and no idea where it was heading and why the UEFA/Russian footage had us playing 3 at the back in the starting formation.

Did you watch the build up to the rags game after ours? They ripped them to pieces, their belief, their experienced players etc.

dom said:
George Hannah said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Tyler isnt a rag.He may well mention the ***** a lot but he is on the payroll. He is a gooner through and through..have you never seen him with his tarquin tie...quinn...doesnt really bother me.
sorry SHB but Tyler is a lifelong Woking fan like Alan Green is a lifelong Altrincham fan.
Oh err yeah , absolutely.......
don't get done dom invest in an Irony detector ;-)

jimbopm said:
I don't think Quinn is as bad as some on here are making out, I'm sure he mentioned that it was a 'sign of a great team' to come from behind, so that was nice to hear.

Tyler on the other hand, I can't weigh up. I mean, here's an English team playing in Europe and yet, he seemed to get much more excited by the chances that CSKA Moscow were creating at the end rather than the ones we had created all game. He practically creamed himself when Tosic scored, probably because he had a reason to mention Man United. On the other hand I thought he conveyed genuine enthusiasm for us winning the title.

Yes, would agree with both parts of that. Just the difference in his voice in pure volume terms between their goal and ours last night was clear to hear

jimbopm said:
I don't think Quinn is as bad as some on here are making out, I'm sure he mentioned that it was a 'sign of a great team' to come from behind, so that was nice to hear.

Tyler on the other hand, I can't weigh up. I mean, here's an English team playing in Europe and yet, he seemed to get much more excited by the chances that CSKA Moscow were creating at the end rather than the ones we had created all game. He practically creamed himself when Tosic scored, probably because he had a reason to mention Man United. On the other hand I thought he conveyed genuine enthusiasm for us winning the title.

Tyler has been given far too much slack due to his enthausiastic - and it has to be said, excellent - summation of that extraordinary climax to the season.

By default he is now associated with that day and consequently we're somewhat endeared to him.

The fact is though that any commentator worth a grain of salt would have been creaming themselves over the Aguero goal. He wouldn't have been doing his job properly if he hadn't displayed a large degree of excitement.

I'm personally getting sick to death with the skewed coverage of City on Sky, ITV and (less so) the BBC and Tyler is right up there with the worst culprits.

Lucky Toma said:
jimbopm said:

Tyler has been given far too much slack due to his enthausiastic - and it has to be said, excellent - summation of that extraordinary climax to the season.

By default he is now associated with that day and consequently we're somewhat endeared to him.

The fact is though that any commentator worth a grain of salt would have been creaming themselves over the Aguero goal. He wouldn't have been doing his job properly if he hadn't displayed a large degree of excitement.

I'm personally getting sick to death with the skewed coverage of City on Sky, ITV and (less so) the BBC and Tyler is right up there with the worst culprits.

Just out of interest who do people want to have commentating on City? If I could pick from any of the Sky brigade i'd go with Rob Hawthorne, he used to do our games in the lower leagues and IIRMC does the 99 Playoff Final, I think he does a good job for us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.