Peter Fletcher and stewards (merged)

jrb said:
It seems a us and them stance is developing on this matter.

The fans are quite happy to discuss the recurring problem openly, whilst the club is, as predicted, battening down the hatches. (official club policy)

Anyone sent an email to Sunday Supplement yet?

Judging by the stance of the club, I think I shall now remain silent on this matter as I do not wish to suddenly be picked out and removed and banned from the ground.

tazmancblue said:
Marpleblue69 said:
Smoking on the concourse would not be illegal. Its purely the policy of MCFC.
Not sure about this. As it is minimum 50% covered, my understanding is it counts as inside! Plus, if you recall what it was like on the concourse before the legal ban, it was pretty bad and not fair to children and non-smokers, so any ban on the concourse is a good idea. The club should however make simple provisions for the smokers!

Only the top is covered, basically has no sides so well within the law. Our company ensured that the smoke shelters erected at work were within the law and they have 3 sides and a roof.

Some pubs have smoking areas better covered that the concourse.

Bryan 156 if you email the Football Supporters Ferderation at info@fsf.org.uk
they would be interested, the Guy there said they have had numerous complaints about the stewarding at City , they would as most people are be completely amazed about the kicking the ball incident.

Marpleblue69 said:
fudgecity said:
Just throwing this into the melting pot. At Manchester Airport when all the evangenical anti tab bans came in a few years ago, you couldn't smoke within a ten mile radius of Mcr Airport. So a few years later to my surprise there is now an official designated area to smoke in. It's outside, but within the confines of the airport. So now you can have a tab with other sinners. So why the change of heart at the airport? dunno, but looks like a bit of common sense has prevailed. A sensible compromise has been reached. So now all the tab freaks get their fix prior to flying in a flimsy metal tube 35000ft high. And the moral high ground can sit happly in a smoke free departure lounge reading 'Paraguyan made easy'. Point here been, is that when all the anti smoking zealots have finished winging about tab smoke and it's obvious association with instant death and stand back a little can't they see that all the drocanium legistlation which is currently there to back them could possibly do with a little tweeking? And could'nt we also find a bit of compromise at COMS. How did the airport get over the legal obstacles? We do have some semi open spaces at City. And does this whole thing about smoking etc reflects society's obsession with health and saftey.
After this going for a fag at the bottom of the garden!!!!

Smoking on the concourse would not be illegal. Its purely the policy of MCFC.

Ir I remember rightly, from earlier discussions on this, it is not just on the concourse it is in the area of Sports City and is something to do with Manchester Council Bye Laws.

citypromise@mcfc.co.uk

1. We will give you a warm and friendly welcome
2. We take pride in ourselves and our surroundings
3. Your safety is our priority
4. We will go the extra mile to help you
5. We want you to enjoy your day at Manchester City

Time to tell them what we think.

Lifted off the OS and the promises the club has made to us as fans.

They want feedback.....they can have feedback.

Bluemoon, are the club meeting these points on a regular basis? Your opinions please, may help to tie this thread into club policy and move away from the 'Fletcher is a cnut' posts. Ok, he may well be but gives us more credibility if we give real examples of other peoples experiences.

blueinsa said:
citypromise@mcfc.co.uk

1. We will give you a warm and friendly welcome
2. We take pride in ourselves and our surroundings
3. Your safety is our priority
4. We will go the extra mile to help you
5. We want you to enjoy your day at Manchester City

Marpleblue69 said:
tazmancblue said:
Not sure about this. As it is minimum 50% covered, my understanding is it counts as inside! Plus, if you recall what it was like on the concourse before the legal ban, it was pretty bad and not fair to children and non-smokers, so any ban on the concourse is a good idea. The club should however make simple provisions for the smokers!

Only the top is covered, basically has no sides so well within the law. Our company ensured that the smoke shelters erected at work were within the law and they have 3 sides and a roof.

Some pubs have smoking areas better covered that the concourse.

Which concourse do you use at the match?
Sport%20Relief.ashx

ARUP-CMS-0009_CITY_OF_MANCHESTER_STADIUM_MAIN_CONCOURSE_INTERIOR.jpg
SuperStock_1801-3381.jpg

Thanks for responses. I don't know the local law's about ciggys, all I'm asking for is a re think. May be a 'cage' type thing like they have at the airport? I accept non smoking thing where it effects non smockers in confined arears,
but!!!

Plus my original post is that the lad has been done wrong.

fudgecity said:
Thanks for responses. I don't know the local law's about ciggys, all I'm asking for is a re think. May be a 'cage' type thing like they have at the airport? I accept non smoking thing where it effects non smockers in confined arears,
but!!!

Plus my original post is that the lad has been done wrong.

"it's ugly".

club's response.

shadygiz said:
pride in battle said:
I don't think so,either way he's just proved what a nob he is.

out of order tbh.....just because you dont agree with the guy....why flame

exactly, here's me just popping on to my favourite forum to give my thoughts on everyday life at city and up pops bride in battle.

its not right.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.