Peter Fletcher and stewards (merged)

pride in battle said:
blueinsa said:
De Niro is wumming guys im certain of it.

I don't think so,either way he's just proved what a nob he is.

Trust me mate he is not a knob and a nicer guy you wont meet.

He is wumming and is well known for it.

Bill, if you are being serious your a cnut! ;-)

shadygiz said:
pride in battle said:
I don't think so,either way he's just proved what a nob he is.

out of order tbh.....just because you dont agree with the guy....why flame

I agree with shadygiz....people are entitled to their own opinion, even if on this occassion I think Bill may have got it wrong.

This is a situation where we need to get behind the OP and not bicker against others who may not agree.

Over the past few days I have been reading (& commenting) on this topic. What concerns me now is that someone (& I am not going back through the pages to find out who it was) has said that a 'respected' employee has said that someone else within the club is dealing with this.

So have you given that someone else a chance to deal with it, these things are not sorted in a day or two? Remember the stewards do not work for City full time (be they the private firm or our own stewards) and therefore may not be able to be interviewed to sort this out.

Going to all the media before the people at City are given a full chance, & I am not talking about Mr Fletcher here, to investigate seems to me to be a bit over the top.

This is my humble opinion and I know that like De Niro (whether he is being a WUM or not) I will probably get a few nasty remarks but we are all entitled to our opinion.

As for Mr Fletcher, I have to hold my hands up and say that, after I contacted Danny Wilson about a problem I had getting into matches with a bottle of water with the 'stopper' intact, which I have to have with me as a diabetic, Mr Fletcher sorted it out for me. He did take three weeks to do it but at least he did it and was very polite about it.

So I guess I declare an interest in one sense!! But it was Danny who actually sorted it and I find it very disheartening that Mr Fletcher cannot see further than "my steward was adamant" without further investigation.

Mind you I thought Adam Ant was an 80's pop group? :-)

Yes I know I can buy a bottle of water at the club but £2.00 odd is a bit steep when I can get 6 for that outside the ground!!

Eccles Blue said:
Over the past few days I have been reading (& commenting) on this topic. What concerns me now is that someone (& I am not going back through the pages to find out who it was) has said that a 'respected' employee has said that someone else within the club is dealing with this.

So have you given that someone else a chance to deal with it, these things are not sorted in a day or two? Remember the stewards do not work for City full time (be they the private firm or our own stewards) and therefore may not be able to be interviewed to sort this out.

Going to all the media before the people at City are given a full chance, & I am not talking about Mr Fletcher here, to investigate seems to me to be a bit over the top.

This is my humble opinion and I know that like De Niro (whether he is being a WUM or not) I will probably get a few nasty remarks but we are all entitled to our opinion.

As for Mr Fletcher, I have to hold my hands up and say that, after I contacted Danny Wilson about a problem I had getting into matches with a bottle of water, which I have to have with me as a diabetic, Mr Fletcher sorted it out for me. He did take three weeks to do it but at least he did it and was very polite about it.

So I guess I declare an interest in one sense!! But it was Danny who actually sorted it and I find it very disheartening that Mr Fletcher cannot see further than "my steward was adamant" without further investigation.

Mind you I thought Adam Ant was an 80's pop group? :-)

The person who is respected and acknowledged my e-mail and the one who has failed to acknowledge it and ask for my evidence (and who is dealing with the matter) are both mentioned in your thread!

Then I stand corrected Tazmancblue. It should be being looked at by someone other than the person the complaint is made against. Any business that allows the person being complained about to investigate the complaint is either very naive or is leaving themselves open to more litigation than they could necessarily deal with!!

I just wanted to be sure that everything possible had been done. Sorry if I seemed negative.

Re: Peter Fletcher and stewards

mcfcliam said:
swp80 said:
Banned untill the rest of the season for SMOKING, Iv never had a cig in my fucking life! i was gripped in the concourse and not even in the bogs. however they are adimant i was smoking along with 2 friends. 1 of the 3 of us smoke. were all banned. cant get away tickets either!

Fucking hell mate.

How do you know this? Phone call?

Write to them, if you're adamant you weren't smoking, then they can't ban you for that...absolute fucking farce, the club are going to drive away the most loyal fans (read that you have 4,800 points)

Fuck off Fletcher.
get a note off the doctor saying you dont smoke

Eccles Blue said:
Then I stand corrected Tazmancblue. It should be being looked at by someone other than the person the complaint is made against. Any business that allows the person being complained about to investigate the complaint is either very naive or is leaving themselves open to more litigation than they could necessarily deal with!!

I just wanted to be sure that everything possible had been done. Sorry if I seemed negative.

No, I understand the point you were making both originally and in this later post.

I agree that in most professions, if there is a complaint made, it would be passed to someone more senior, though it appears not to have happened at this stage. The person dealing with it was given the opportunity to review the evidence upon receipt of the OP's original e-mail and following the additional evidence, but has chosen to remain silent and lack customer service.

Just throwing this into the melting pot. At Manchester Airport when all the evangenical anti tab bans came in a few years ago, you couldn't smoke within a ten mile radius of Mcr Airport. So a few years later to my surprise there is now an official designated area to smoke in. It's outside, but within the confines of the airport. So now you can have a tab with other sinners. So why the change of heart at the airport? dunno, but looks like a bit of common sense has prevailed. A sensible compromise has been reached. So now all the tab freaks get their fix prior to flying in a flimsy metal tube 35000ft high. And the moral high ground can sit happly in a smoke free departure lounge reading 'Paraguyan made easy'. Point here been, is that when all the anti smoking zealots have finished winging about tab smoke and it's obvious association with instant death and stand back a little can't they see that all the drocanium legistlation which is currently there to back them could possibly do with a little tweeking? And could'nt we also find a bit of compromise at COMS. How did the airport get over the legal obstacles? We do have some semi open spaces at City. And does this whole thing about smoking etc reflects society's obsession with health and saftey.
After this going for a fag at the bottom of the garden!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.