Peter Fletcher and stewards (merged)

If you compare the security at Wembley i would say the guys at wembley are a 100 times better that the guys we have at Coms ..Pleasant no heavy handedness... no don’t do this or don’t do that...

Think City could/should send them all on a training course to Wembley failing that
Sack the lot and bring a new firm in.. make it a one year contract if they get more than a set number of complaints get rid of them.

Re: Peter Fletcher and stewards

BringBackSwales said:
baldmosher said:
Nobody else seems to have pointed this out...

The smokers in level 1 toilets are not just breaching club policy, they are breaking the law.

(Those smoking on the spirals are probably not doing anything illegal although that may depend on your interpretation of the definition of "open space".)

The banned gentleman and his friend are technically accomplices to the other friend's crime, simply by not reporting their friend to a steward, whether they personally smoke or not. Seriously, I don't know if you could ever be charged or convicted of being an accomplice smoker, and not that I think it makes the club right to take this approach towards non-smokers (I don't), but that's the absolute truth of the matter.

Why on earth smokers can't just go 2 hours without a fag, I have no idea, but I assume they also must be unable to go on flights abroad, if they can't last an hour without a ciggie. Or maybe they smoke in the toilets on planes too. I find smokers are invariably hypocritical, reprehensible, unaccommodating people when it comes to smoking, which is probably why reformed smokers are usually the worst kind of militant anti-smoker, they must have some kind of pent-up desire to exert justice on smokers who won't get on the wagon.

you tosser. I have not seen this thread before and have been reading it from page 1 over the last 2 hours, and apart from fletcher you are the first person I have wanted to tell to fcuk off, what an irrelevant up your own arse sad twit you are;

-- Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:55 am --

I have just read through this post from start to finish and am appalled by it.

Having read so many posts this week about the contemptible behaviour of scum fans at wembley (spitting, head butting girls, attacking dads with young families etc etc) it seems that the club I have loved all my life (I am 51 now) is behaving with complete and utter contempt towards many of it's own fans - we are banning people for smoking, for not smoking, for kicking beach balls, for not throwing fireworks. How does this come close to comparing with some of the really serious stuff that went on at Wembley on Saturday?

Worse than that this kid is 17, but even more seriously by any true and decent measure he is completely and utterly innocent, with no real evidence, just the dodgy id provided from one set of stewards to another set some time after the alleged incident.

The fact that such a senior member of the club as Mr Fletcher has failed to enter into any reasonable dialogue with the individual concerned is scandalous. In any other organisation such complaints against senior company officers would be thoroughly and independently investigated - yet City have made absolutely no comment about this matter, and seem to not take it seriously or even acknowledge it.

The thing I have always loved about Manchester City is the FANS. I started going in the mid to late 1960's and got my first season ticket in 1970 and have had one every year since. I just wish that in all my time I had kept a scrapbook of the positive press reports about City's fans and their loyalty - there have been so many of them; I do not recall too many positive press reports about other aspects of our club; it is the decency, loyalty, and self deprecating humour of our FANS that has appealed to the media and people outside of our club.

I sometimes wonder why the club rarely sells out the ground, despite having so much money invested into it over the last 3 years, but I think that this thread spells out a lot of the reasons. I do think that a lot of fans feel alienated from the club, and that it is not like it used to be, but says it still is. The senior people at the club like to go on about how great the fans are, and yet at the same time they can allow this kid to be banned for something he has not done (or certainly has not been proved to have done by any normal and diligent standards or process), as well as the other stories on here.

I have got 2 young kids as I started my family late, and although they are only 2 and 4 they are both City fans. However I would have preferred them to be City fans at Maine Road before we got to what we are like now, when the fans were GENUINELY appreciated, rather than appreciated as some kind of a public relations gesture. The fact that the club has not reacted in any way to this issue shows that the fans are not really that important. My whole life supporting City has been with the abiding principle of enjoying City - proper experiences, not some cliched "supporter experience" - days like Fulham away when we lost 5-1 and were arguing with coppers about police brutality for not opening the gates early and letting us out, going to Lokeren and staying in the town and being pissed for 4 days but being respected and welcomed for our good behaviour by the locals, and so on and so on. Now we can get kicked out of the ground for kicking a beach ball or for looking like someone who smokes. Unbelieveable.

SWP80 you sound to me like a top lad, and at 17 you are the sort of young fan we should be encouraging to stick with City, not banning (and how many more have we lost like you who have not posted in here?). You have portrayed yourself in here as a very decent teenager, who just loves football and City and I just cannot understand what has been done to you and why; worse than that this has been going on for over 2 weeks and the club has not had the decency to resolve the issue. I do know for sure that the club needs passionate supporters to help it progress on the pitch, not rich "corporates", and I wonder how many passionate supporters will be left in 5 years time? SWP is 17 and has behaved with class; Mr Fletcher from what I can tell you are in your 50's, are an ex senior police office, you have for some reason been employed by our club for over 10 years, and you have absolutely no class whatsoever.

Listen to the fans Mr Fletcher, Mrs Kloss, Mr Cook, Mr Khaldoon, sort this kid's situation out, and if you had any sense I suggest you might want to review some of your internal processes, and certain members of your senior security staff and also the company who provides security.

You say "This is Our City"; I say "Oh no it bloody isn't, not any more".

That article my friend should be sent direct to either Cookie or Khaldoon !!
As `arry would say "TRIFFIC"
It should also be petitioned by the fans and forwarded by us all.
Well done on a brilliant article.

blueinsa said:
The FSF said:
And get all the forum users to sign it. What is there to lose? Go on, do it!

THIS ^

I posted earlier on in this thread that page after page of what amounts to just bluster wont get us anywhere.

We need to take this seriously and let the club know that this as an issue is not going to go away until they have addressed our concerns in full and we as fans feel they they as the club are taking their responsibilities to us seriously.

We should try and pick a small team of willing posters off here who can represent us.

As I said a few posts back, I've never before seen such a long thread and so much anger about stewarding and how supporters are treated.

To be frank, the biggest problem in my job is rousing supporters out of apathy, out of what I call the 'expect and accept' culture. I can give all the support and advice you need (if you want it), but ultimately, it's down to you.

You have a great opportunity to harness the feelings on here and Do Something. If you don't then you get the stewarding and treatment you deserve. I appreciate that may sound harsh and as an outsider, I hope you won't mind me saying that, but it's the truth. You have huge power as supporters and consumers. Use it.

You've a cup final coming up and that for most that will be your priority - understandably so - but one great day shouldn't detract from this matter.

Amanda
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.fsf.org.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.fsf.org.uk</a>

swp80 said:
Cheers for ressurecting the thread lads and ladies, the club are still alienating me and are unwilling to speak to me further about the matter.

Is it to late to go to the doctors?

BringBackSwales, great post, sums up how more or less every true city fan is feeling towards the club, Id happily sign that if you was to send it to the club.

Absolutely NOT too late !!
The Club needs hauling over the coals.
Further evidence can be only benificial to your case in proving Mr Twatty Fletcher that he is a LIAR !!!!!

swp80 said:
Cheers for ressurecting the thread lads and ladies, the club are still alienating me and are unwilling to speak to me further about the matter.

Is it to late to go to the doctors?

BringBackSwales, great post, sums up how more or less every true city fan is feeling towards the club, Id happily sign that if you was to send it to the club.

Hello mate. I had not seen your post til last night, and I read all 62 pages, every post - it took over 3 years to read due to the slowness of my computer, but I was genuinely upset and angry for you. You have behaved with dignity, and when my kids get to your age I want them to be like I was at 17 - to have fun, to get behind City big time, to have a drink, to enjoy the proper City experiences that I did. I do not want them bullied or kicked out by unreasonable and unaccountable "City police" - I know you did not smoke, but even if you had (or one of mine did in a few years) I would not want them bollocked and warned, not kicked out and then ignored.

I wrote the e mail cos I was so upset and angry but if someone wants to send it as an e mail to the club (a signed hard copy letter is impractical as we are all on the internet here without physical addresses) that is fine by me.

All the best mate

The FSF said:
blueinsa said:
THIS ^

I posted earlier on in this thread that page after page of what amounts to just bluster wont get us anywhere.

We need to take this seriously and let the club know that this as an issue is not going to go away until they have addressed our concerns in full and we as fans feel they they as the club are taking their responsibilities to us seriously.

We should try and pick a small team of willing posters off here who can represent us.

As I said a few posts back, I've never before seen such a long thread and so much anger about stewarding and how supporters are treated.

To be frank, the biggest problem in my job is rousing supporters out of apathy, out of what I call the 'expect and accept' culture. I can give all the support and advice you need (if you want it), but ultimately, it's down to you.

You have a great opportunity to harness the feelings on here and Do Something. If you don't then you get the stewarding and treatment you deserve. I appreciate that may sound harsh and as an outsider, I hope you won't mind me saying that, but it's the truth. You have huge power as supporters and consumers. Use it.

You've a cup final coming up and that for most that will be your priority - understandably so - but one great day shouldn't detract from this matter.

Amanda
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.fsf.org.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.fsf.org.uk</a>

Complaints about stewarding would be few and far between if people stuck to the rules and didn't smoke - simple as that.

The smokers are as much to blame as the stewards - if they weren't ignoring the rules this problem simply couldn't arise.

This has been handled terribly by the Club and Fletcher in particular, but the smokers have to accept some of the blame too.

Complaints about stewarding would be few and far between if people stuck to the rules and didn't smoke - simple as that.

The smokers are as much to blame as the stewards - if they weren't ignoring the rules this problem simply couldn't arise.

This has been handled terribly by the Club and Fletcher in particular, but the smokers have to accept some of the blame too.[/quote]

You are missing the key point - the lad says he has not smoked and indeed does not smoke, so for him to get kicked out and banned for something he has not done is the issue. The point about OTHER PEOPLE smoking is a wholly different issue, nothing to do with swp80

Of course the stewards should do their job and deal with the smokers. Even as an (evil) smoker myself, I am not going to condone those who smoke where they shouldn't.

The FSF has no business questionning how stewards and clubs deal with those who contravene ground regulations, but every reason to support fans who are treated unfairly and unjustly.

Whilst I am in full agreement that SWP80's complaint should be sorted out properly I do feel that tarring ALL the stewards with the same brush is completely wrong. 99% of the stewards at CoMS are good, hardworking individuals who get on with their job in a professional and friendly manner.

Although I am 100% behind SWP80's stance about what has happened to him this situation could have been avoided by people abiding by the law. This is not a rule it is the law. You are NOT allowed to smoke in or around the SportCity complex. If people stopped breaking that law poor SWP80 would not be in this situation.

The stewards are simply doing their job. Yes Mr Fletcher has been heavyhanded and the club do not appear to be handling this very well but the stewards are just doing their job.

Eccles Blue said:
Whilst I am in full agreement that SWP80's complaint should be sorted out properly I do feel that tarring ALL the stewards with the same brush is completely wrong. 99% of the stewards at CoMS are good, hardworking individuals who get on with their job in a professional and friendly manner.

Although I am 100% behind SWP80's stance about what has happened to him this situation could have been avoided by people abiding by the law. This is not a rule it is the law. You are NOT allowed to smoke in or around the SportCity complex. If people stopped breaking that law poor SWP80 would not be in this situation.

The stewards are simply doing their job. Yes Mr Fletcher has been heavyhanded and the club do not appear to be handling this very well but the stewards are just doing their job.

This needs to be amended !!
But SOME STEWARDS !!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.