Peter Fletcher and stewards (merged)

BringBackSwales said:
Complaints about stewarding would be few and far between if people stuck to the rules and didn't smoke - simple as that.

The smokers are as much to blame as the stewards - if they weren't ignoring the rules this problem simply couldn't arise.

This has been handled terribly by the Club and Fletcher in particular, but the smokers have to accept some of the blame too.

You are missing the key point - the lad says he has not smoked and indeed does not smoke, so for him to get kicked out and banned for something he has not done is the issue. The point about OTHER PEOPLE smoking is a wholly different issue, nothing to do with swp80[/quote]

It's got everything to do with him - if people hadn't ignored the law and smoked in COMS this would never have happened. I think that is relevant to the original post.

I hope swp80 gets this sorted soon and can enjoy the rest of the season.

With all due respect to stewards who do their job properly this is the epiome of fuckwittery.

Hired showsec nazis kicking somebody out of the ground on the basis of "someone who looks like him was smoking". It would be bad enough just to get booted out of the ground for the match but to get banned is a joke. Where it me Fletcher would be in court today along with the club for breach of contract, yes there are terms and conditions to your ticket/season card but they are not allowed to break them any mote than you are.

If you can proove you have never smoked the outcome is simple, season ticket restored, compensation and, with any luck that fuckwit sacked and someone with the sense to realise that sometimes things happen at matches e.g. saying oh fuck when a sitter has been missed in the family area, just need a quiet word rather than an ejection and a ban.

Not read this thread until the last couple of days. It is outrageous. I had to deal with Peter Fletcher once and found him to be unhelpful to a bizarre degree and the less said about some of our stewards, the better. I sincerely hope you manage to get this sorted.

Eccles Blue said:
Whilst I am in full agreement that SWP80's complaint should be sorted out properly I do feel that tarring ALL the stewards with the same brush is completely wrong. 99% of the stewards at CoMS are good, hardworking individuals who get on with their job in a professional and friendly manner.

Although I am 100% behind SWP80's stance about what has happened to him this situation could have been avoided by people abiding by the law. This is not a rule it is the law. You are NOT allowed to smoke in or around the SportCity complex. If people stopped breaking that law poor SWP80 would not be in this situation.

The stewards are simply doing their job. Yes Mr Fletcher has been heavyhanded and the club do not appear to be handling this very well but the stewards are just doing their job.

I repeat the point is surely that THESE STEWARDS were not doing their job correctly - swp80 has been treated unfairly is what this thread is about; if you want to criticise those who DO smoke then could you not make that a separate thread?

BringBackSwales said:
Eccles Blue said:
Whilst I am in full agreement that SWP80's complaint should be sorted out properly I do feel that tarring ALL the stewards with the same brush is completely wrong. 99% of the stewards at CoMS are good, hardworking individuals who get on with their job in a professional and friendly manner.

Although I am 100% behind SWP80's stance about what has happened to him this situation could have been avoided by people abiding by the law. This is not a rule it is the law. You are NOT allowed to smoke in or around the SportCity complex. If people stopped breaking that law poor SWP80 would not be in this situation.

The stewards are simply doing their job. Yes Mr Fletcher has been heavyhanded and the club do not appear to be handling this very well but the stewards are just doing their job.

I repeat the point is surely that THESE STEWARDS were not doing their job correctly - swp80 has been treated unfairly is what this thread is about; if you want to criticise those who DO smoke then could you not make that a separate thread?

If you had read the whole thread you would see that I have backed SWP80 all the way. I was just responding to someone else who had made the point that smokers were part of the problem. I am NOT criticising smoking as such, just responding. Why did you not pick on the person who first mentioned the fact that smoking was out of order?? I am as entitled to respond on this thread as everyone else.

Eccles Blue said:
BringBackSwales said:

If you had read the whole thread you would see that I have backed SWP80 all the way. I was just responding to someone else who had made the point that smokers were part of the problem. I am NOT criticising smoking as such, just responding. Why did you not pick on the person who first mentioned the fact that smoking was out of order?? I am as entitled to respond on this thread as everyone else.

course you are mate, all I am saying (politely) is that I really think this thread ought to be about swp80 and getting him reinstated and not OTHERS who smoke, but its up to you

BringBackSwales said:
Eccles Blue said:

course you are mate, all I am saying (politely) is that I really think this thread ought to be about swp80 and getting him reinstated and not OTHERS who smoke, but its up to you

How long you been on Bluemoon? And you honestly expect a topic with so many pages to still ridgidly stick to the original point - c'mon - I'm surprised it isn't about CO2 emissions and the environment by now ;-)

Eccles Blue said:

Your missing the point they are NOT doing their job IF they pick on the wrong person !!

Mr Fletcher ???? I can think of a lot better name than that..

mancityvstoke said:
anyone know the final outcome of this ?

as far as I know he is still banned and Mr Fletcher and the club are doing nothing about it - apparently the word of a steward with no evidence is more worthy than the words of several City fans, disgraceful

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.