Peter Reid's programme notes

DId Coton get a cap with us?
Never capped.

My (blue) mate saw him in an Italian restaurant near Atherstone about six months ago and played a game of twenty questions with me about who it was - and I got it in about 10!

Once I’d established he was an ex-pro and played for City, the proximity of the restaurant to Tamworth made me take a punt on TC. Buzzing!

Ha ha, true. I thought (wrongly) that we were talking about players capped whilst playing for City. Just seen that we were talking about “home-grown”.
Both great players and both would, IMHO, get into the current squad.
Always read your brief!

Agree about the last part, especially Watson, and apology accepted :0)

Re reading his notes from the Oldham game in 1991 he claims he tried to sign Ian Wright from Palace but he went to Arsenal for £2.5 million.

What a sliding doors moment that could have been? I Expect Swales was the reason Ian chose Arsenal.

He also tried sign Trevor Sinclair and Alan Wright in a double deal from Blackpool but Swales wouldn't pay the money, got that from Sinclair himself who wanted the move, Alan Wright had a good career as well.

He also tried sign Trevor Sinclair and Alan Wright in a double deal from Blackpool but Swales wouldn't pay the money, got that from Sinclair himself who wanted the move, Alan Wright had a good career as well.
No one person is bigger than a club, but one person can certainly destroy one.

I wish someone had fed swales his toupee one half time.

I thought he was pretty unlucky from memory. He missed a couple of chances but one was a great save by the keeper. Pretty sure Alan Shearer and Nigel Clough also made their debuts?

I think that is a bit of an urban myth about him leaving shortly after.Pretty sure he played a full, successful season after his England debut before signing for leeds the season after

Edit made his debut 9th Sept 1992, sold in December 1993.
Seem to remember England played him on the wrong wing and he couldn't get his feet sorted out for that shot against Spain.

Curle was left high and dry as a full back with England too. These days the stones of this world could play in 5/6 spots and still look world class.

Seem to remember England played him on the wrong wing and he couldn't get his feet sorted out for that shot against Spain.

Curle was left high and dry as a full back with England too. These days the stones of this world could play in 5/6 spots and still look world class.

Yes totally. It was a massive ask of Curle playing up against such a skilful player as Laudrup when he had so little international experience.

With White I honestly cannot remember if he played down the middle or out wide. He did miss a couple of chances but without his skillset (pace) there would have been no chance in the first place. Got an unfair deal for me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.