Peter Reid's programme notes

His form dropped so badly that by the time he was on his way he was so lacking in confidence he was in my opinion a shadow of the player he was. I thought at the time it was quite shocking and I believe there must be more to it than was ever made public. Don't get me wrong I never had a go at the lad verbally at the game but yet again I could smell peter swales rotten stench getting worse at the club.

It got so bad we thought a lad from the 4th division called Carl Griffiths would be our saviour.
Christ what times. Stuart Lee anyone?

I remember David White won an England cap, had a mare and was never the same player again, within months he was off to Leeds or Sheffield utd.
A bit harsh saying he had a mare. He missed an early chance.
By Whitey's own admission, his ankle injury was beginning to come to the fore at this point which affected his play from then onwards.

I was there and didn’t even remember Francis was a City player at the time and he played virtually every minute. Sure I must have done at the time.

But talking solely about players City ‘produced’ the only ones I remember from my earliest memories right up until this century were White, Barnes and Corrigan.

Probably missed a really obvious one though.

Actually just about to press ‘reply’ and have just had a very early memory of Mike Doyle getting a couple of caps.
Andy Hinchcliffe and Earl Barrett - though not as City players

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.