Peter Walton

Re: I was wrong about Peter Walton

Been telling you all this for a while so it shouldn't come as a shock. Virtually all the high-profile refs are bent as there is so much money at stake with the Premiership. The only question is who's pulling any particular refs' strings.

With Webb, it's Sky. With Clattenburg it's Far Eatern bookies.

cleavers the only reason jossie didn,t go down because he wasn,t tripped and he might have been booked if he had gone down, also by that time the city fans had the referee sussed and would have crucified him,if you want to talk about diving ask birmingham when they were at anfield,and when it comes to bottling the push on ade was so blatant it was really an unbelievable decision, walton came to city with an agenda from the 1st minute with his letting liverpool take quick free kicks and slowing city up with every possible chance, and that tackle was a leg breaker from mascherano, do you think walton did not see it, the guy was at it yesterday and was caught out by the crowd very early?

Okay. Time to lay our cards on the table. Does anybody seriously believe refs have an agenda against us? Is there some kind of conspiracy going on to protect the top 4 at all times?

Not being funny here. Just genuinely interested to see if anybody does believe it.

I didn't. But from what I've heard about Walton and the brief highlights I saw on Motd2, I'm beginning to think there's definitely something crooked going on.

remember Walton is being watched by an assessor(I am one myself)If anyone thinks Walton could give any decision without any comeback,you are mistaken.Any ref not up to scratch will be downgraded.Assistant referees are there to assist.They look to each other for help,a ref will look at the assistant if hes not sure(on the blindside)normally an assistant will give a decision if its near him,say 25 yds infield,otherwise if an assistant gives a decision when the referee is nearer,the ref loses credibility.With penalties,an assistant will only give one when the ref eyeballs him, in other words,the assistant is better placed.When I have been assistant,the ref will tell me pre match,if he gives a pen,and I think hes wrong,leave it at that.Let him take the flak.And if he doesnt give a pen,dont come in flagging for a pen and make him look like he doesnt know what hes doing.

Lazerboyblue said:
Ron Burgundy said:
Very strange decisions today for both teams, how he let that challenge go on Barry on the edge of the box and then book Torres for a little push on Lescott was beyond me

As the chant went "you're not fit to referee" and it was spot on. Inconsistent, not up with play, erratic decisions, hopefully the F.A will look at it and bump into League 2...............til he retires in the summer!!

unfortunately all refs are fit to referee,otherwise they would be taken off through not passing their fitness test(think its 2800 mts in 12 mins and the bleep test which is a killer.

SWSB said:
remember Walton is being watched by an assessor(I am one myself)If anyone thinks Walton could give any decision without any comeback,you are mistaken.Any ref not up to scratch will be downgraded.Assistant referees are there to assist.They look to each other for help,a ref will look at the assistant if hes not sure(on the blindside)normally an assistant will give a decision if its near him,say 25 yds infield,otherwise if an assistant gives a decision when the referee is nearer,the ref loses credibility.With penalties,an assistant will only give one when the ref eyeballs him, in other words,the assistant is better placed.When I have been assistant,the ref will tell me pre match,if he gives a pen,and I think hes wrong,leave it at that.Let him take the flak.And if he doesnt give a pen,dont come in flagging for a pen and make him look like he doesnt know what hes doing.

Since when were linesmen given the authority to award penalties?

SWSB said:

In my opinion....Him yesterday was bent as fuck & cheated..

the reason benayoun didn't get a penalty was because it wasn't one if'd he'd gone down it would have been a 2nd yellow for him and he'd have been off, thats why he stayed on his feet.

simples

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.