Peter Walton

Re: I was wrong about Peter Walton

Conference level officials yesterday

SWSB said:
remember Walton is being watched by an assessor(I am one myself)If anyone thinks Walton could give any decision without any comeback,you are mistaken.Any ref not up to scratch will be downgraded.Assistant referees are there to assist.They look to each other for help,a ref will look at the assistant if hes not sure(on the blindside)normally an assistant will give a decision if its near him,say 25 yds infield,otherwise if an assistant gives a decision when the referee is nearer,the ref loses credibility.With penalties,an assistant will only give one when the ref eyeballs him, in other words,the assistant is better placed.When I have been assistant,the ref will tell me pre match,if he gives a pen,and I think hes wrong,leave it at that.Let him take the flak.And if he doesnt give a pen,dont come in flagging for a pen and make him look like he doesnt know what hes doing.

So how did you assess his performance yesterday? I thought Stan Boardman was officiating. Downgrading refs is no great hardship anyway. A couple of weeks in the Championship and there back.

Hamann Pineapple said:
SWSB said:
remember Walton is being watched by an assessor(I am one myself)If anyone thinks Walton could give any decision without any comeback,you are mistaken.Any ref not up to scratch will be downgraded.Assistant referees are there to assist.They look to each other for help,a ref will look at the assistant if hes not sure(on the blindside)normally an assistant will give a decision if its near him,say 25 yds infield,otherwise if an assistant gives a decision when the referee is nearer,the ref loses credibility.With penalties,an assistant will only give one when the ref eyeballs him, in other words,the assistant is better placed.When I have been assistant,the ref will tell me pre match,if he gives a pen,and I think hes wrong,leave it at that.Let him take the flak.And if he doesnt give a pen,dont come in flagging for a pen and make him look like he doesnt know what hes doing.

Imo, thats a ridiculous thing to do, you're there to assist, if you saw an infringement and the ref didn't you should flag. You're a team, the ref is hardly a warrior going out in a blaze of glory, the three should work together and take stick together, even if its directed at the referee as the man in the spotlight.

The fact referee's are telling thier assistants not to question thier decisions is a complete joke.

GStar said:

Imo, thats a ridiculous thing to do, you're there to assist, if you saw an infringement and the ref didn't you should flag. You're a team, the ref is hardly a warrior going out in a blaze of glory, the three should work together and take stick together, even if its directed at the referee as the man in the spotlight.

The fact referee's are telling thier assistants not to question thier decisions is a complete joke.

That a sad fact and an illiustration that these premier referees are there for themselves!!!!!

A good official wants to get decisions correct, having assistants helping will improve decision making and therefore increase correct decisions.

But NO not the self important premier league refs, its all about them, should be about the game, fellas.

Surely you'd think better of a referee who, after a player was brought down in the box, went to the assistant ref on the line and consulted him? He's only human, so asking for someone elses opinion is only right if he has any doubts.

walton was by far the worst referee i've seen for a long time (& that includes the posing,preening prick clattenburg !!!).he didn't even award us a free kick for mascherano's(sp?) over the top challenge on barry - i could see that was a foul from 122 and i wasn't wearing my glasses ffs

Sorry for being slightly tangential, but here's the list of the lunatics running the asylum. Is there any one of them whose name you don't dread officiating us....?

Name born
Phil Dowd 26/01/1963
Martin Atkinson 31/03/1971
Mark Clattenburg 13/03/1975
Chris Foy 20/11/1962
Alan Wiley 27/05/1960
Steve Bennett 17/01/1961
Mike Dean 02/07/1968
Howard Webb 14/07/1971
Andre Marriner 01/01/1971
Peter Walton 10/10/1959
Lee Mason 29/10/1971
Lee Probert 13/08/1972
Stuart Attwell 06/10/1982
Mike Jones 18/04/1968
Kevin Friend 08/07/1971
Mark Halsey 08/07/1961
Anthony Taylor
Michael Oliver

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.