PETITION RE NEWBIE WUMs

1.618034 said:
Damocles said:
leewill31 said:
GStar said:
Suspending registration during transfer windows as we did last summer would also work a treat.

this, but also agree with what URG said.

NO! I personally hate this idea. The whole point of a forum is open availability; stopping registrations because we do not have enough moderators is a cop out.

What really needs to happen is that Ric and the mod team need to get together and start thinking about appointing new mods. It also doesn't help that they have a hesitation to use the mod tools because they slow the forum/knock it offline. I'm working on it though and think I may have the answer, maybe that will get the mods moving a bit.

How many mods are there?

Enough, and we're doing our best, but the best thing would be for more people to just ignore the obvious crap rather than reply to it, and thereby keep it floating near the top. People often tell the owners of forums like this how to run them, but its never as easy as it seems. On here its no even possible to read every topic, let alone look at every user, so why don't people just act responsibly and ignore the shite, and also stop responding with comments like "f*ck you" and "rag tw@t" because if someone is a WUM, they win every single time that happens. If anyone has a particular complaint, either hit "report post" or contact one of us, there's usually one of us here.

brilliant idea! wonder where you got it from ;)

Alan Kernaghan's 40yd Lob said:
Lord BLue said:
Alan Kernaghan's 40yd Lob said:
fucking hell.

can we have a tevez forum? can we also put a 100 post cap stopping newbies making threads anywhere but off topic?

thought that was a great idea until i realised that newbies will just post 100 repeat threads off topic in 2 minutes and we're back to square one.

haha, yeah but they'd be much easier to ban then...

maybe 100 replies gets you posting topics rights in all forums.

it would stop all the spam from rags.

seriously though, yes yes a thousand times yes. i did this on a music forum i mod on, and it works a treat. some posters will just reply 'lol' to 100 threads, but it just makes them easy to spot.

I enjoy reading the posts of sensible fans of other teams. The Hamburg fans were great and we often get away fans asking about the ground or whatever. I don't see why we should penalise these fans because of a few idiots.

It's easy enough to ignore stuff and there are very few posters who I would even 75% trust on a transfer rumour. We all know who we can trust and who we can't (often easily distinguishable by post count).

Something has to be done though I agree because the quality of this forum in the last 12 months has dropped significantly.

lastmanback said:
1.618034 said:
How many mods are there?

Moderators
blue_wkd All forums Registered users
Cheesy All forums Registered users
cleavers All forums Registered users
de niro All forums Registered users
drsqueggy All forums Registered users
Matty All forums Registered users
shadygiz All forums Registered users
TINY All forums Registered users
Wheelsy OSC Sydney All forums Registered users

Not that many is it?

I don't envy the task though...

Give em some help by stopping this crap. They must get loads of warnings a night to deal with.

Although, I can see the first "I've reached 50 posts!!!!!!" thread. Oh dear.

But surely it will still be less than the current amount of crap!?

svennis pennis said:
I think I should be a mod. Im on here loads and I would hand out instant bannings!

U should be on the disciplinary pannel for the FA, get the ladybiy and the old rednosed alco banned!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.