PGMOL Apologise to Everton. It WAS a Penalty!

So this seems to be the personal opinion of Mike Riley?
Being the boss does not make him always right and there are many videos showing just how appalling he can be.
Since VAR came in PiGMOL have been the source of all sorts of novelties in the rules and this first ever apology.
It certainly a bonus for the City haters to use. The what's app gang will be sharpening their nibs right now.
Wonder if he apologised to arsenal for his own "performance" at the swamp that time?

Yes no penalty was given!

But the media are kicking up a storm to affect future decisions!

If it was offside we gained no advantage and they do not have a leg to stand on!

If this is not analysed they will always harp back to this incorrect decision when we get one against us. The old argument being things always even up!

Mark my words, a bad decision is coming our way, probably against Utd or Liverpool if this is not put to bed!

I am reasonably confident it is offside! And we have nothing to loose if it is not, as they (the media) have already made up their mind that it was an unjust decision!
Exactly this. Even if City don't get a stinker of a decision that costs them points. If City win the league, they'll just have another thing to try and taint the victory with. Which they love to do.

If City have access to that footage, they should get an offside check done, even if they have to pay for it. It might be worthwhile in the long run. Save it for the press conference for the derby though, give Pep a projector and a clicker, he'll love it.

If it turns out it was onside... bury that footage and tell them they found him to be offside(Frank). Joking of course. I was already pretty sure before I saw the NBC pic, so I'd be very surprised if it turned out to be onside. We should probably just say it should have been a penalty in that scenario though. On the basis that most people who aren't City fans think it hits his arm. If only to shut them up. Maybe after copying down some of what they say for future reference, when the shoe is on the other foot.

However, popular opinion isn't exactly conclusive either. The 3 different angles I've seen, all appear to be striking Rodri in completely different parts of the arm. Which shows you how much the angle and the depth can deceive on all 3. Even if there's an angle I have yet to see, that does show the exact point of impact and it's in the red and Richarlison was onside. City still have quite a few decisions we could easily complain about, which have cost points. Why is it only the biggest news in football when City could have dropped points? I've not seen anything like this amount of reaction over anything similar.

Last edited:
I think the idea of anyone personally calling a manager to apoligzie is pathetic and sets a terrible precedent.

I think the whole league would benefit from them actually sitting down and getting a scrap of consistency. VAR has made things worse, not better, and I was someone calling for it when they came in.

Football doesn't have laws that are technical or exact enough to be applied here. Handball is vague, so just do it from sight. Being the hair on your balls offside isn't doing what the law was there for to stop goal hanging. Do it from sight and if you fuck up we know it's because you fucked up. There is a reason why goal line technology works perfectly and that's because "the whole ball needs to cross the line" is easily measured. Can't be arsed with fucking ontologies of body parts anymore, it's wank, and VAR has made it worse.

If the VAR official had done his job correctly a 'handball' decision would have been deemed unnecessary because of the offside in the build up.
However he got it badly wrong and instead chose to focus on the handball incident only ( and then IMO made another incorrect call!).
I suppose it is nevertheless a good example of two wrongs actually making a right!

It was offside. It was handball. It was madness by Rodri. The look on Dias' face is the absolute best in retrospect.

An apology is fine, but switch the teams around and we don't get an apology.

It should have been a penalty (if they are onside in the build up , still not seen a decent angle). But as others have said we have been on the other end of worse decisions.

This is about a media storm to influence a future decisions against us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.