PGMOL Apologise to Everton. It WAS a Penalty!

It was offside. It was handball. It was madness by Rodri. The look on Dias' face is the absolute best in retrospect.

An apology is fine, but switch the teams around and we don't get an apology.
I don’t think it was madness by Rodri at all. The spin on the ball after Edersons save caught him out after the bounce.

I don’t think it was madness by Rodri at all. The spin on the ball after Edersons save caught him out after the bounce.

And he was bringing his shoulder round to use his chest, imo. Impossible to do that without moving your arm unless it's dislocated, so it looked like a deliberate arm to ball movement.

Or maybe not. Who cares?

Of course it was madness. Even risking a handball with no one around was fucking mental.

imo in situations such as this (not under pressure from an opponent, not facing goal, obviously accidental) at worst an indirect free kick should be given over a penalty. The handball rule is a bit of a nonsense.

Sorry if I'm missing your point. Feel free to explain. Or not. All good.
You said it was madness by him insinuating that it was something he was at fault for. I don’t agree. I think the only thing he’s guilty of is misjudgment of the bounce. That’s not madness, it’s unfortunate and accidental.

imo in situations such as this (not under pressure from an opponent, not facing goal, obviously accidental) at worst an indirect free kick should be given over a penalty. The handball rule is a bit of a nonsense.
for a defender, should only be handball if it's blocking or controlling a ball played by the opposition, the only exception being the player clearly palming it away i.e. a deflection off their own player.

Handball should be below the elbow anyway. No human I know has a hand as part of their bicep.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.