PGMOL Apologise to Everton. It WAS a Penalty!

The new extra rhetoric is that even if it was offside, it was a different phase of play after Ederson saved the shot.
Wait, this is getting confusing. I thought that was the second offside shout... Which was spotted and given, since the ref waved play on after the handball shout.

Edit: Actually I see the argument. The only problem is. How can they dismiss an offside player caused Ederson to have to make a save which looped up and span awkwardly, causing the supposed handball? You can't.

Last edited:
Do we assume if VAR thought it was a penalty they would have then checked the offside which happened before?
100% that would have happened. They only review offsides if they lead to a goal or a pen. If the pen was given the second review would have been for Richarlisons offside and everything I've seen so far suggests he was off so the pen would have been overturned

Wait, this is getting confusing. I thought that was the second offside shout... Which was spotted and given, since the ref waved play on after the handball shout.
Nope, like the Brighton penalty we conceded, it was deemed another phase in play.

I don’t know if it would have been here, but I have read people discussing it.

It REALLY doesn’t matter.

100% that would have happened. They only review offsides if they lead to a goal or a pen. If the pen was given the second review would have been for Richarlisons offside and everything I've seen so far suggests he was off so the pen would have been overturned
Have a listen to the 93:20 pod review. They, like the rest of us, don’t know if the offside would have been given, and if it would have been deemed another phase of play.

It’s really not worth going round in circles on it.

Nope, like the Brighton penalty we conceded, it was deemed another phase in play.

I don’t know if it would have been here, but I have read people discussing it.

It REALLY doesn’t matter.
Nah, if an offside player latches onto a parried shot and scores, that's not a new phase of play. He's still offside. He shouldn't have been able to shoot after recieving the ball from an offside position in the first place.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.