Phil and Jack on the lash?

Grealish wearing what looks like a top festooned with cannabis images won’t endear him to pep.
david Silva needs to get on the blower and tell them about life at the very very top of the footballing ladder. Where World Cup medals are dished out and you’re tucked up in feather nice and early. And you’re not wearing half of Freddie Pye’s scrapyard around your neck
I mean, it's a Palm Angels hoodie with palm trees on for a start. David Silva was also the last at the bar, by all accounts.

I'm always upset with the media. He brought it to their attention because he knew the news would soon be out there. In this social media age nothing is hidden.

He pretty clearly brought it to everyone's attention because he wanted to send a message to the entire squad to stay in home and stay focused for the next 3 weeks. The clue is that he literally said that's what he was doing.

There was no story until Pep told the media he dropped them for behaviour. Then suddenly all the usual club friendly journalists get briefed about "their condition".

This is the media dancing to Pep's tune and your so offended by any reporting on Manchester City you can't see it for what it is.

I'm always upset with the media. He brought it to their attention because he knew the news would soon be out there. In this social media age nothing is hidden.

Disagree entirely. Pep holds his squad to a high standard and its why we've won so much. You follow his rules and you look after yourself.

Peps been on the record and said a career is so small that you should give your all and enjoy your life after.

He's right to hold these guys to this level, it sets a precedent and shows it doesn't matter if you cost fuck all or a record fee, you follow the same rules as everyone else.

Apologies if it's already posted but I can't see it anywhere. This is what Pep was alluding to in his statement about players not being selected for the Newcastle game. A few days before our next game and after a 7-0 win it seems harmless enough (Covid aside) but Pep mustn't have been amused. Both have bits of previous, let's hope they don't throw promising careers away

Looking at that image, I'm surprised Foden passes for 18!

The more I think about this man management, the more I like it. Pep's handled it brilliantly. Short, sharp public shaming without too much humiliation. Message sent. We won 4-0, showed we didn't need them. When you think of the timing of him walking into walk in centre unannounced booster too, which of course was gonna reach the press... I can't help but think he knows what he's doing.

Grealish wearing what looks like a top festooned with cannabis images won’t endear him to pep.
david Silva needs to get on the blower and tell them about life at the very very top of the footballing ladder. Where World Cup medals are dished out and you’re tucked up in feather nice and early. And you’re not wearing half of Freddie Pye’s scrapyard around your neck
Not disagreeing with the sentiment but I think Dave was actually one of the bigger drinkers during his time at City.

The point is that Dave probably knew where to draw the line and in any case he was more than good enough to get away with it, while Grealish certainly isn’t based on his performances so far. He hasn’t established himself, he hasn’t made himself a definite starter and he appears to think that he can still pull the same tricks he did when he was playing for a mid-table (at best) club even though he’s now at the best team in the country.

Lads his age are always going to want a night out but after such a middling start you would think he’d concentrate on his football and keep a low profile for a bit, but it doesn’t seem to have sunk in yet. Hopefully the penny will drop at some point.

That said it’s utterly ridiculous that the story is on the front page of the BBC website - presumably it’s only a matter of time before some gobshite MP starts spouting about it as well.

It is foolish and I know I am a hypocrite as a former huge drinker but a footballers career is short, don't fuck your body up with booze and drugs for as little as 10-20 years and then you can retire a rich and still young man and can do what ever the fuck you want for the rest of your life.
It isn't like there is a prime example in Gazza wandering about in a complete sad state.

IF and a big if, that is Foden's mum in the tweet , call me a snob but she does not look a good role model.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.