Phil and Jack on the lash?

What the fact they like to have fun???

Without COVID this would be a non story - but seeing as COVID is a big problem right now it was a bit of a stupid thing to do (and risky to themselves and the rest of the squad)
They are professional sportsmen, elite athletes , they are not some normal guys out on the town.

Grealish has not set the world alight at this club and has already got involved in a few off the field activities that do him no favours, it is a time to get his head down and work his trolleys off, show desire and reach the pinnacle of his sport.

How elite are they?
They're not.

Genuinely elite sportspeople have one major thing in common. Strong self-discipline. Excessive hedonistic lifestyle does not fit in with the job. Best, Bowles, Gascoigne and many others eventually fell by the wayside.

It's a short career and the rewards are worth working hard for. If a player isn't prepared to make sacrifices for their career, they will never reach elite levels.

Just reinforces to me that we have the best manager/coach in the world and he takes no shit from anyone. You want to go out and over indulge lads - fine. There's a quality player happy to be starting while you sit on the bench thinking about whether those beers were really worth it or not.
Absolutely. Management like this is why we just keep winning with Pep and why with Mancini and Pellegrini it went to shit. He’s in a different stratosphere to pretty much every other manager. People thought that after 3 years, players will stop running for him as he’s too intense. Well he shows time and time again that he understands people/players and groups of people/players perfectly. How to convince them to do what he wants, how to inspire them, motivate them, how to improve them, get more out of them. He’s a master of it. This is another little example of what keeps our squad focused, running the most etc despite all the success and all the talent.

We weren’t the best team in the world then, with everyone else wanting to knock us off our perch were we? It’s difficult to get to the top but it’s even more difficult to stay there. We manage it because we have Pep. And he knows that this behaviour needs stamping the fuck out if we’re to remain top dogs. 100% focus at all times is what Pep demands. He also won’t tolerate the increased risk of having his squad depleted by covid because Phil and Jack had other priorities in that moment. They might not be 100% serious about being the best they can be right now (I hope that changes) but pep is, and the majority of our squad are. I doubt they want covid derailing their form if we can prevent it. Silly things like this are just not needed, it’s totally unprofessional and irresponsible and there’s good reason Pep chose to go public.

so your basically saying players are not allowed some free time to themselves?

You can add Kennedy, Whitley and Howey onto that list

Forgot about them! Good shout.

It was around the time I was at Uni and the first SM I ever saw as MSN Messenger which came in around 2000.

I didn’t get a mobile until 2001!

ahh yeah good shout, i was thinking the likes of Bebo, Myspace were rife around early 00s

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.