Phil and Jack on the lash?

Not sure its the amount of alcohol is the main concern , English players have a different attitude to drink its maybe a culture thing growing up around adults who partake in the amber liquid , where as european and south american players engage in a couple of glasses of wine the English will drink a gallon of ale.
Jack & Phil were stupid because of the covid variant which is rife at the moment putting themselves , family and team mates at risk , with a packed fixture list on the horizon i can understand Pep's concern the last thing we need is players falling ill. Hopefully it is now dealt with internally with disciplinary measures and after their rest at Newcastle both will be selected against Leicester along with Walker to nip in the bud any more snide articles from the media.
ky has just lost his friend to suicide , they wouldnt dare go for that

so your basically saying players are not allowed some free time to themselves?
They just have to be sensible. Going out on a Saturday night after a match to a party with no training the next day is not a problem. Going out midweek during a pandemic with training the next morning is just stupid. Turning up at training in a poor condition to train when the whole club is already under pressure (especially the medical team) because of Covid protocols is selfish. They are elite sportsmen and have to make sacrifices in their lives to stay at the top. Turning up for work a bit pissed would cost you your job as a train driver, pilot, or doctor.

I personally have no problem them doing what they did but with the current climate and Covid wreaking havoc it was a bit silly of them. No doubt both would of listened to Pep and now cracked on training ready for the next game it’s no biggie.

When I was in my early 20s I used to go out midweek until daft o clock in the morning and rock up to work wrecked loads of times.

I’m in my 30s now and if I’m not in my pyjamas by 8pm it’s a late night these days.

My point being lads in their early 20s do daft shit and aren’t really grown-ups yet.

Whether your job is footballer or whatever, doesn’t really change that.

I’m sure with the kind of leadership and mentors they’ve got at City they’ll both grow up in time.

And come on - they were at the pub late and still showed up to training, not exactly snorting lines off a hookers arse crack til breakfast time.

They just have to be sensible. Going out on a Saturday night after a match to a party with no training the next day is not a problem. Going out midweek during a pandemic with training the next morning is just stupid. Turning up at training in a poor condition to train when the whole club is already under pressure (especially the medical team) because of Covid protocols is selfish. They are elite sportsmen and have to make sacrifices in their lives to stay at the top. Turning up for work a bit pissed would cost you your job as a train driver, pilot, or doctor.
You really would think it wouldn't need to be explained tbh.

If they were told not to go out and they did, then yes most definitely. Is that what happened? I was under the assumption that several other players had been out and about mixing socially? Is that the case?
I have no idea what and who were involved. I was replying to you saying a couple out on the pisss was a non story, when clearly it is when so many games have been cancelled already because if teams getting COVID.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.