Phil and Jack on the lash?

Yes, and they've been punished accordingly.
There are nutters on this thread talking about getting rid for fucks sake!! Haha!
Then you've got those who already dislike Jack using it as another stick to beat him with. It was wrong of them to go against club wishes and its disappointing to see it happen but its not something that needs dragging out or made into something far worse than it was.
Bet they don’t even realise that Grealish’s middle name is Daniels.

When I was in my early 20s I used to go out midweek until daft o clock in the morning and rock up to work wrecked loads of times.

I’m in my 30s now and if I’m not in my pyjamas by 8pm it’s a late night these days.

My point being lads in their early 20s do daft shit and aren’t really grown-ups yet.

Whether your job is footballer or whatever, doesn’t really change that.

I’m sure with the kind of leadership and mentors they’ve got at City they’ll both grow up in time.

And come on - they were at the pub late and still showed up to training, not exactly snorting lines off a hookers arse crack til breakfast time.
I though they turned up to training with the hookers in tow, that was Pep's issue!

Difference being Pep is a highly driven perfectionist whose professional success could be affected by Jack and Phil misbehaving.

The boring old farts on here are just sanctimonious virtue signallers who’ve forgotten what it is to be young. The same gaggle of bores were calling for Kyle to be sold after his episode of high jinx a year or so ago.
I didn't want Walker sold then and I'm one who thinks, with games every few days and a rampant variant of Covid out there, that Phil and Jack were out of order.

And I'm in my 20s, shock horror, I should be out getting pissed apparently.

The club has drawn a line under it but that doesn't excuse their behaviour so I think anyone saying "boys will be boys" should step out of the 1950s and we can all move on from it then.

I have no idea what and who were involved. I was replying to you saying a couple out on the pisss was a non story, when clearly it is when so many games have been cancelled already because if teams getting COVID.
My point is neither you or i know whether it is a non story? It depends entirely on what they were told they could do and what they did?

I think some people are missing the point. The issue isn’t that they went out. The issue is the next day they turned up not in the right state. That’s what is unacceptable.

I hope Pep has made his feelings known in no uncertain terms . Both are talented and well paid players, but they need to demonstrate the correct level of professionalsim in their future career path.

They have both shown a degree of irrresponsibility because of their behaviour, and that has to stop pretty quickly. Talent without dedication and application is unacceptable, and age is no excuse .

I hope Pep made it clear that he will not be issuing many more such warnings - for their own good, and that of the team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.