Phil and Jack on the lash?

My point is neither you or i know whether it is a non story? It depends entirely on what they were told they could do and what they did?
Clearly, Peps response would suggest there was an issue.
I have no gripes if young lads fancy a pint, but to do it when Omicron is rife and possibly bring that back to the camp was stupid.

When I was in my early 20s I used to go out midweek until daft o clock in the morning and rock up to work wrecked loads of times.

I’m in my 30s now and if I’m not in my pyjamas by 8pm it’s a late night these days.

My point being lads in their early 20s do daft shit and aren’t really grown-ups yet.

Whether your job is footballer or whatever, doesn’t really change that.

I’m sure with the kind of leadership and mentors they’ve got at City they’ll both grow up in time.

And come on - they were at the pub late and still showed up to training, not exactly snorting lines off a hookers arse crack til breakfast time.
I have half an eye on this story but have not see anything that tells me they were pissed or being stupid or even 'on the lash'

I didn't want Walker sold then and I'm one who thinks, with games every few days and a rampant variant of Covid out there, that Phil and Jack were out of order.

And I'm in my 20s, shock horror, I should be out getting pissed apparently.

The club has drawn a line under it but that doesn't excuse their behaviour so I think anyone saying "boys will be boys" should step out of the 1950s and we can all move on from it then.
Thankfully for the economy and the general health and well being of the majority of people, the streets and bars and pubs and clubs are full of boys being boys and girls being girls despite the doom mongers and their wildly inaccurate self serving predictions.

I love the way that Guardiola is dealing with this. It's disappointing that Grealish and Foden went out, presumably turned up a little worse for wear, putting themselves and the squad at risk in these difficult times. Sure, they are young lads but they are very well-paid not to do this, and it could cost City points especially at a busy time. They are clearly both very talented, likeable boys but they should not repeat nights out like this. Guardiola will not stand for it and without wishing to overplay this, it could, if this behaviour is repeated become career defining. I hope not. Grealish in particular is a concern. I hope that he doesn't have a bad influence on Phil (who has history in this regard). Both need to take their careers more seriously. Grealish in particular needs to grow up. It would be a shame if either tossed their careers away.

I love the way that Guardiola is dealing with this. It's disappointing that Grealish and Foden went out, presumably turned up a little worse for wear, putting themselves and the squad at risk in these difficult times. Sure, they are young lads but they are very well-paid not to do this, and it could cost City points especially at a busy time. They are clearly both very talented, likeable boys but they should not repeat nights out like this. Guardiola will not stand for it and without wishing to overplay this, it could, if this behaviour is repeated become career defining. I hope not. Grealish in particular is a concern. I hope that he doesn't have a bad influence on Phil (who has history in this regard). Both need to take their careers more seriously. Grealish in particular needs to grow up. It would be a shame if either tossed their careers away.
'Presumably' being the operative word.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.