Phil Foden - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally found a replay video of Scotland vs England U21 from the other day.
Foden played the last 20 mins - video should start with him being subbed on -

Very impressive 15 mins, full of energy, movement, looks very comfortable on the ball. Will be interesting to see how he gets on against Fulham when he will play for 90 mins. I am confident he will have a good game

This is a genuine worry though, when you consider some of the unpunished GBHs perpetrated on KDB, Sane etc last season.
Dont forget harry maguires unpunished butchery on Foden last season away at leic in the cup....put him out 3 months or so iirc.

Slotted right in once he came on. Really excited to see his season progress. While his chances have been somewhat limited, he's looked great every time he's been on and I'm sure Pep has taken note of that. Would like to see him get a start or two once the fixtures start piling up in December.

3-0 up, game is dead, Shakhtar's intensity has gone. Would it really have hurt our chances to give Phil 10 or 15 minutes instead of 3?

Different take, but I think it’s counterintuitive to sneak people in trying to steal minutes in junk time. It’s insulting as an athlete. The intensity is dead, the game is over. What are you supposed to do? Come in blaring? Create chances, making tackles? Scoring bangers? It’s silly. It’s awkward. It’s better to get his minutes in serious situations where he feels like he’s needed. Cup games, 30 minutes, rare league starts. Stealing 12 minutes in goofy time does more harm than good. Played a lot of junk time on really good teams. Hated it. Glad pep does it this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.