Phil Foden - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Different take, but I think it’s counterintuitive to sneak people in trying to steal minutes in junk time. It’s insulting as an athlete. The intensity is dead, the game is over. What are you supposed to do? Come in blaring? Create chances, making tackles? Scoring bangers? It’s silly. It’s awkward. It’s better to get his minutes in serious situations where he feels like he’s needed. Cup games, 30 minutes, rare league starts. Stealing 12 minutes in goofy time does more harm than good. Played a lot of junk time on really good teams. Hated it. Glad pep does it this way.

I’m confused, you hate it when players are given a few minutes at the end of dead matches, but you’re glad Pep does it that way?

It's interesting what Pep said about one of Bernardo Silva's best qualities, he said something along the lines of "He's every managers dream, even if he comes on in the last 5 minutes he will give you his best 5 minutes without moaning". What a great example that is for the young players to have, he even showed it last night by scoring in the first minute within coming on near enough.

I’m confused, you hate it when players are given a few minutes at the end of dead matches, but you’re glad Pep does it that way?

The shout was for Pep to play Phil more often in dead matches. I’m saying I like how he doesn’t do that very often. It’s a philosophical debate sort of thing. I think Pep sees it as a waste too and an incorrect way of training him. His mind is fresh and he needs his minutes when games are on the line so that he’s ready when he gets his bigger role starting and as a viable sub in close games.

Getting 150 minutes in 3-0 matches doesn’t really make sense to me.

He deserves his spot. He’s being managed well imo. He has a dynamic attitude when he gets on the pitch. He’s a younger version of Bernardo.
Bliss!!!!

He deserves his spot. He’s being managed well imo. He has a dynamic attitude when he gets on the pitch. He’s a younger version of Bernardo.
Bliss!!!!
Bernardo being a younger version of David, double bliss!!!!

What a squad.

He is an exceptional talent but at 18, you need to earn your place, not just be given it because the fans demand it. It will serve him well and he will get a lot of game time this season in the cup competitions, and a steadily increasing amount in the Premier League. If he gets to 21 and is not playing then he has a right to be less than happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.