Phil - Scapegoats and witch hunts

Surely anyone can see this is media picked shite. Taa? Mainoo, bellendingham.. none of them deserve to be in the team. Yet the media have (and still are) telling us they are the best.

Anyone seen "the Mainoo flick" being heralded on the BBC (probably with the help of Simon stone). Or talksport on how Bellingham being best in the world midfielder this morning.

It's pathetic.
I think Mainoo is a decent young talent. Real Madrid are under no obligation to pay silly money for a player just because he's English - Bellingham is clearly genuinely world class. Foden for me is a generational talent.

I just think they are all shagged out, have a manager who did well to instil belief but may have reached the level of his capability, and lack the confidence to perform - especially with an entitled and exceptionalist media - outside of their club comfort zone. I also know that as dull as they have been so far, I have seen enough shit England performances in the last forty years to know that we simply aren't a great national side even though I do believe we have the world's greatest league.

Who knows what happens with this tournament, but next tournament I pray for some decent opposition early. I would rather see us get schooled with an early exit and forced to take a long look in the mirror than see us keep scraping through with a combo of easy draws, long balls, flukey 1-0 scorelines and pens and then telling ourselves that qualifies us as serious contenders.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.