Philippe Sandler

What I want is for him to be in the team on merit, like Maffeo has had to do at Girona.

I'm not saying its a vendetta or begrudging them in the slightest, it's Machin's arse and Girona's future on the line if they got relegated after all, I'm just saying there isn't any point in loaning players to clubs where they aren't going to play - just because they're affiliated with the CFG. If Girona are going to be pragmatic and not touch our loanees because they're a greater risk then so be it, we may as well find a different club where they are going to play.

And as to not wanting them to be immediate first choice... well I really don't understand what you want from loans if it isn't to play football week in week out. If they fight for half the season just to get minutes they may as well be playing the cups and with the EDS here instead. First team minutes are the only way players will either get noticed by Pep or the moves they want elsewhere.
Aleix Garcia and Douglas Luiz got more minutes than they would have here, while the Maffeo's make it worth it. These players will be gaining valuable experience regardless. Machín is a class coach. I hope we take Maffeo back here next season and maybe loan Herrera, Manu García or Angeliño there next year.

Aleix Garcia and Douglas Luiz got more minutes than they would have here, while the Maffeo's make it worth it. These players will be gaining valuable experience regardless. Machín is a class coach. I hope we take Maffeo back here next season and maybe loan Herrera, Manu García or Angeliño there next year.

Yes but not nearly as many minutes as if we had loaned them to a club that was actually interested in playing them. Herrera would be exactly the same as Douglas Luiz and Aleix Garcia, they have their own CM partnership and they'll just play that week in week out and they never use a 10 so there's no point Garcia going there either. I expect Angelino will be sold since we quoted a price on him to the PSV director.

Philippe Sandler should stay in Holland at a bigger club. If he goes to Girona they'll just stick him on the bench and use their tried and tested CB pairing that has kept them up this season.

He certainly gets a few weeks before the World Cup crew are back to impress Pep. No doubt he can take a look at him before sending him out on loan.

Be interesting to see what we do with Tosin also. He is almost training cone at the minute.

He certainly gets a few weeks before the World Cup crew are back to impress Pep. No doubt he can take a look at him before sending him out on loan.

Be interesting to see what we do with Tosin also. He is almost training cone at the minute.
Don't understand why we didn't loan out Tosin in January. Apparently there were some offers, and I don't think he has played a minute since the transfer window

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.