Philippe Sandler

Happy to be wrong, but this is another of the CFG signings I take it?

You have to admit, the scouting network is pretty damn impressive. Bruno Fornaroli was a masterstroke for Melbourne City!
Ex Melbourne City manager is Zwolle's manager so that seems to be the link for this one

It’s a strange one this. The fact that the club website has announced him does make you think maybe he isn’t a CFG signing and maybe he will try and break in the first team?

Given that he's not pictured wearing an actual City kit, hasn't been assigned a squad number and has had a low profile unveiling with no interview or welcome video, it seems pretty certain that his immediate future involves a loan somewhere.

Whilst youtube highlights are never the best way to judge a player, he does look quick and elegant on the ball and he definitely has something about him. It doesn't seem that far fetched that he could be a £10m+ player next summer if we can find him a successful loan in one of the top leagues, or at least worth more than we've paid for him.

Saying that, his attributes definitely seem to suit our style and next summer with Kompany, Otamendi and Fernandinho all one year older, he might give us an interesting option to look at in pre-season, especially if we do end up playing with 3 at the back more. Zinchenko has shown that if you are comfortable on the ball, are adaptable and have the right attitude, it's possible to play your way into the squad if you just happen to be around when a position opens up.

It’s a strange one this. The fact that the club website has announced him does make you think maybe he isn’t a CFG signing and maybe he will try and break in the first team?

I agree. I feel that if the club intended on a deal with an immediate loan, it would have been done differently. Don't forget, this deal was done some months ago and we have waited for him since.

I agree. I feel that if the club intended on a deal with an immediate loan, it would have been done differently. Don't forget, this deal was done some months ago and we have waited for him since.

He wasn't wearing a kit. No video unveil. No kit number. No interview. No squad number.

He's going straight on loan.

Nice tidy profit in 12 months.

It really amazes me that some people still struggle to grasp the concept here.

This one should be even more obvious than most given we already have 4 centre backs. 3 of who were at the world cup.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.