Phill Dowd

Sigster100 said:
jared said:
Too fecking card happy. The fat f***
Why was Milner even booked

Ball was clearly out of play and he kicked it away to waste time. Daft booking to get really.
didn't book Swansea for playing on for 10-15 seconds after the whistle in first half stoppage times

kippaxblue76 said:
It tells you something when we win and are still complaining about the ref, no one would have batted an eyelid if there were no bookings in that game, how poor do these wankers have to be before there is some sort of sanction against them.

Its really shite because it was a good, well fought game and his cards meant players had to be careful. He caused more problems getting players frustrated with the yellows than trying to sort their heads with the warning they are meant to give.

article-2383646-1B18F170000005DC-386_306x476.jpg

aguero93:20 said:
Sigster100 said:
jared said:
Too fecking card happy. The fat f***
Why was Milner even booked

Ball was clearly out of play and he kicked it away to waste time. Daft booking to get really.
didn't book Swansea for playing on for 10-15 seconds after the whistle in first half stoppage times

True and one of them should have been but I was just explaining why Milner got himself booked.

We won DESPITE this apology for a referee. I lost count of the number of times I called him a twat/wanker/bastard. Amazing that he let the game flow when Swansea had the ball, and gave them a foul every time we sneezed, followed by the inevitable booking.

He may have lost some weight, but he still struggles to keep up with the game.

strongbowholic said:
g180aj said:
I think the count was 7 yellows and realistically the only 1 worth a yellow was shelvey's and the 1 he never stopped play for which cost us a goal.
Dzeko's handball - yellow card; no argument from me.
Canas asking for a card - yellow card; no argument from me.
Milner kicking the ball away - yellow card; no argument from me.
Nasri's foul (taking one for the team) - yellow card; no argument from me.
Zabaletta's foul (slide challenge) - yellow card; possibly harsh due to the conditions but a yellow nonetheless.
Kompany's foul (cynical challenge) - yellow card; no argument from me.

Can't remember what Shelvey got booked for, but as he's a bald scouse **** he probably deserved it :))

All in all, I thought Dowd (whilst certainly not "brilliant") had an ok game.

On another day no one would have been bothered if NONE of them were given as bookings, its the inconsistency that is the problem, Milner booked for kicking the ball away, Swansea players did this at least twice, no booking and Nasri's a booking ?

karen7 said:
Even his peers cant stand him
Always wants to be the star
I agree because I've met all of the premier league refs, Webb, Halsey, Clattenburg, Marriner, Atkinston etc and they are all really humble and nice people where as Dowd is so far up himself it in un-fucking-believable. I am a referee and all the other refs said roughly the same things how they were just like any other referee but they got the amazing opportunities and they answered loads of questions about their games and career and how they have time fir young referees like myself ( I have a dew of their email addresses and one of their phone numbers) however Dowd acted like he was jesus He was so up himself boasting about being on the premier league and he didn't even bother answering any questions. The guy's a ****

kippaxblue76 said:
strongbowholic said:
g180aj said:
I think the count was 7 yellows and realistically the only 1 worth a yellow was shelvey's and the 1 he never stopped play for which cost us a goal.
Dzeko's handball - yellow card; no argument from me.
Canas asking for a card - yellow card; no argument from me.
Milner kicking the ball away - yellow card; no argument from me.
Nasri's foul (taking one for the team) - yellow card; no argument from me.
Zabaletta's foul (slide challenge) - yellow card; possibly harsh due to the conditions but a yellow nonetheless.
Kompany's foul (cynical challenge) - yellow card; no argument from me.

Can't remember what Shelvey got booked for, but as he's a bald scouse **** he probably deserved it :))

All in all, I thought Dowd (whilst certainly not "brilliant") had an ok game.

On another day no one would have been bothered if NONE of them were given as bookings, its the inconsistency that is the problem, Milner booked for kicking the ball away, Swansea players did this at least twice, no booking and Nasri's a booking ?
Of course consistency is the big problem with refereeing. However, each of the offences committed was a yellow card offence. Particularly Shelvey :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.