Phill Dowd

Exeter Blue I am here said:
strongbowholic said:
g180aj said:
I think the count was 7 yellows and realistically the only 1 worth a yellow was shelvey's and the 1 he never stopped play for which cost us a goal.
Dzeko's handball - yellow card; no argument from me.
Canas asking for a card - yellow card; no argument from me.
Milner kicking the ball away - yellow card; no argument from me.
Nasri's foul (taking one for the team) - yellow card; no argument from me.
Zabaletta's foul (slide challenge) - yellow card; possibly harsh due to the conditions but a yellow nonetheless.
Kompany's foul (cynical challenge) - yellow card; no argument from me.

Can't remember what Shelvey got booked for, but as he's a bald scouse **** he probably deserved it :))

All in all, I thought Dowd (whilst certainly not "brilliant") had an ok game.

Kompany's was for a shirt tug on half way with the opponent heading back toward his own goal. A joke yellow card. Nasri's was for an innocuous non-dangerous tackle that the player rode. Again, a very harsh yellow. Dzeko's was a soft handball as well, miles from goal heading back up the touch line. A free kick certainly, but never merited a card. Oh, and the fat fcuk got in the way of play 3 or 4 times as well. A 5/10 performance at best.
Shelvey got his for a wild slide tackle that Nasri jumped out of the way of
Bottom line is though mate, within the laws of the game a shirt tug preventing the player progressing is a foul and a yellow card. Handball is a yellow card.

Like I say, I can see why some are annoyed at him, but he did ok overall. Granted not a 10/10 performance by any stretch but certainly better than 5/10.

Absolutely shocking decisions,makes these point blank mistakes and then laughs his bollocks off as if he's their best mate...
Even had his card ready for vinnie before he'd finished the tackle...
Abysmal refereeing. ..

strongbowholic said:
Exeter Blue I am here said:
strongbowholic said:
Zabaletta's foul (slide challenge) - yellow card; possibly harsh due to the conditions but a yellow nonetheless.

Can't remember what Shelvey got booked for, but as he's a bald scouse **** he probably deserved it :))

Kompany's was for a shirt tug on half way with the opponent heading back toward his own goal. A joke yellow card. Nasri's was for an innocuous non-dangerous tackle that the player rode. Again, a very harsh yellow. Dzeko's was a soft handball as well, miles from goal heading back up the touch line. A free kick certainly, but never merited a card. Oh, and the fat fcuk got in the way of play 3 or 4 times as well. A 5/10 performance at best.
Shelvey got his for a wild slide tackle that Nasri jumped out of the way of
Bottom line is though mate, within the laws of the game a shirt tug preventing the player progressing is a foul and a yellow card. Handball is a yellow card.

Like I say, I can see why some are annoyed at him, but he did ok overall. Granted not a 10/10 performance by any stretch but certainly better than 5/10.

I though Zabaleta's was a yellow. Bit reckless that. All the others were soft but debatable

Bilboblue said:
Zabbas was the worst yellow of the lot, absolute joke.
Slid in from behind the player and didn't get the ball; yellow all day for me?

strongbowholic said:
kippaxblue76 said:
strongbowholic said:

On another day no one would have been bothered if NONE of them were given as bookings, its the inconsistency that is the problem, Milner booked for kicking the ball away, Swansea players did this at least twice, no booking and Nasri's a booking ?
Of course consistency is the big problem with refereeing. However, each of the offences committed was a yellow card offence. Particularly Shelvey :)[/quote]

Ha ha, strange though how another ref could quite easily have gone through that game without giving a yellow and every man and his dog would not be surprised, today almost everyone is bemused by Dowd.

Problem is that Dowd is inconsistent and prone to booking players for fouls which are not bookable offences. A Swansea player crossed the ball out of play when he knew he'd been given offside, but that went unpunished, whereas Milner was automatically booked.

Gabriel said:
Problem is that Dowd is inconsistent and prone to booking players for fouls which are not bookable offences. A Swansea player crossed the ball out of play when he knew he'd been given offside, but that went unpunished, whereas Milner was automatically booked.

Exactly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.