Phill Dowd

strongbowholic said:
g180aj said:
I think the count was 7 yellows and realistically the only 1 worth a yellow was shelvey's and the 1 he never stopped play for which cost us a goal.
Dzeko's handball - yellow card; no argument from me.
Canas asking for a card - yellow card; no argument from me.
Milner kicking the ball away - yellow card; no argument from me.
Nasri's foul (taking one for the team) - yellow card; no argument from me.
Zabaletta's foul (slide challenge) - yellow card; possibly harsh due to the conditions but a yellow nonetheless.
Kompany's foul (cynical challenge) - yellow card; no argument from me.

Can't remember what Shelvey got booked for, but as he's a bald scouse **** he probably deserved it :))

All in all, I thought Dowd (whilst certainly not "brilliant") had an ok game.

Not just me then. I agree with your summation. Overall though, it was a great result against what have been a bit of a bogey team. Great that we are top but just shame that we conceded late and made it a lot closer than it should have been. Anyhow, onwards and upwards.

MCFC97 said:
karen7 said:
Even his peers cant stand him
Always wants to be the star
I agree because I've met all of the premier league refs, Webb, Halsey, Clattenburg, Marriner, Atkinston etc and they are all really humble and nice people where as Dowd is so far up himself it in un-fucking-believable. I am a referee and all the other refs said roughly the same things how they were just like any other referee but they got the amazing opportunities and they answered loads of questions about their games and career and how they have time fir young referees like myself ( I have a dew of their email addresses and one of their phone numbers) however Dowd acted like he was jesus He was so up himself boasting about being on the premier league and he didn't even bother answering any questions. The guy's a ****

I know one of the linesman and he says no-one likes to be put with him

Fat sack of fucking shit. Had a terrible game. I was actually surprised though that he didn't give Vinny a yellow for letting him know exactly how fucking shit he was reffing the game.

strongbowholic said:
g180aj said:
I think the count was 7 yellows and realistically the only 1 worth a yellow was shelvey's and the 1 he never stopped play for which cost us a goal.
Dzeko's handball - yellow card; no argument from me.
Canas asking for a card - yellow card; no argument from me.
Milner kicking the ball away - yellow card; no argument from me.
Nasri's foul (taking one for the team) - yellow card; no argument from me.
Zabaletta's foul (slide challenge) - yellow card; possibly harsh due to the conditions but a yellow nonetheless.
Kompany's foul (cynical challenge) - yellow card; no argument from me.

Can't remember what Shelvey got booked for, but as he's a bald scouse **** he probably deserved it :))

All in all, I thought Dowd (whilst certainly not "brilliant") had an ok game.

Kompany's was for a shirt tug on half way with the opponent heading back toward his own goal. A joke yellow card. Nasri's was for an innocuous non-dangerous tackle that the player rode. Again, a very harsh yellow. Dzeko's was a soft handball as well, miles from goal heading back up the touch line. A free kick certainly, but never merited a card. Oh, and the fat fcuk got in the way of play 3 or 4 times as well. A 5/10 performance at best.
Shelvey got his for a wild slide tackle that Nasri jumped out of the way of

Bilboblue said:
Zabbas was the worst yellow of the lot, absolute joke.
I agree. I dont remember Nasri' but dnt have an issue with any of the others apart from Zabba. He made a genuine attempt to cut out the ball, never a yellow.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.