Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Dude! Where the hell have you been? Haven't seen a post from you in a while. I see your point in re his technique. HW is not a dribbler, but when he played wide at Ettiete and his first season at Dortmund, he used to just fly past defenders at top speed. Defenders generally backed off when he got the ball. I sense Pep will play him like he played Henry at Barca. Henry too wasn't that great an all round footballer. But he could finish, and had blazing speed. Sure he had more technique than Auba. But comparatively, the gap BTW Henry and the average Barca player, will be greater than the gap BTW Auba and the average City player.

I trust Pep can make it work.

XD WTF...

I think people are being far to literal with the term "no technique"!
Course he has technique, ok he's not a Neymar/Messi or even a Silva/Hazard type player that glides around the pitch taking people on, slipping disguised passes left and right, he is a direct, powerful, pacey forward, who scares the shite out of teams.

We simply don't have that currently.

He is far from your stereotypical "beautiful footballer" but he is extremely effective!
He'll frustrate at times, he'll have a mare at times, he'll miss sitters at times, (I could say those 3 things about Aguero too by the way) but he'll also score loads of goals and create havoc too.

I think people are being far to literal with the term "no technique"!
Course he has technique, ok he's not a Neymar/Messi or even a Silva/Hazard type player that glides around the pitch taking people on, slipping disguised passes left and right, he is a direct, powerful, pacey forward, who scares the shite out of teams.

We simply don't have that currently.

He is far from your stereotypical "beautiful footballer" but he is extremely effective!
He'll frustrate at times, he'll have a mare at times, he'll miss sitters at times, (I could say those 3 things about Aguero too by the way) but he'll also score loads of goals and create havoc too.

Modern day, polished version of David White imo.

In the good & the bad ways.

Pace scares people.

After last season it's crazy some people haven't recognised the need for a squad and not just a starting 11. Even if you've convinced yourself he doesn't make our best 11, that doesn't make it a terrible signing. We are consistently an Aguero injury from a disaster, and this kind of signing reduces that threat, at the very least.

After last season it's crazy some people haven't recognised the need for a squad and not just a starting 11. Even if you've convinced yourself he doesn't make our best 11, that doesn't make it a terrible signing. We are consistently an Aguero injury from a disaster, and this kind of signing reduces that threat, at the very least.
s
We can play with more than one forward, and the biggest weakness in our team is the right sided forward who has ZERO league goals to his name in 2 seasons. If we sign him, which is a very big if, then he'd surely walk into the team. Aguero plays deep a lot of the time anyway.

I don't see why we have to buy established star strikers. Surely for £60 to £70m there are alternatives. Don't ask me to name one, but I am not a scout. I remember watching the Champions league final, and on came Carasco and was star quality unlike Torres and Ronaldo. He's going to the Euros by the way. Could be one to watch

Unless Pep changes Kun's position and Kun plays well where he's moved to, this would be such a terrible signing for us.

Aubameyang is a poor footballer but for his finishing.

Aubameyang wouldn't work out wide. He's not going to dribble past a couple players, cutting inside and curling a shot in the top corner. Not saying he hasn't done it before, but his technique sucks and it's not his game.

Please specify

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.