Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Unless Pep changes Kun's position and Kun plays well where he's moved to, this would be such a terrible signing for us.

Aubameyang is a poor footballer but for his finishing.

Aubameyang wouldn't work out wide. He's not going to dribble past a couple players, cutting inside and curling a shot in the top corner. Not saying he hasn't done it before, but his technique sucks and it's not his game.

You've never watched him play have you?

s
We can play with more than one forward, and the biggest weakness in our team is the right sided forward who has ZERO league goals to his name in 2 seasons. If we sign him, which is a very big if, then he'd surely walk into the team. Aguero plays deep a lot of the time anyway.

I don't see why we have to buy established star strikers. Surely for £60 to £70m there are alternatives. Don't ask me to name one, but I am not a scout. I remember watching the Champions league final, and on came Carasco and was star quality unlike Torres and Ronaldo. He's going to the Euros by the way. Could be one to watch

I know Carrasco is just 22 but having involved in over 48 games for Atleti last season, he just managed to score 5 goals and assisted 5 times.
Now even in his relatively underwhelming season for Dortmund, when he played out on the wings, Aubameyang racked up 16 goals and assisted 5 times. [Source : TransferMarkt]

Add to that, he is probably the fastest striker there is and is really really good in air.

Last edited:
Obviously not many on this thread have watched him play for Dortmund over the last season. He is what you might describe as a modern day centre forward bursting through gaps in the defence and regularly arriving on the end of crosses from either wing. Like Edin and most other strikers he will occasionally have a nightmare of a game and miss easy chances. For me he is the frontman with Kun playing just behind or around him to take advantage of the chaos caused in defences. He also brings a work ethic high up the pitch and will try to win the ball back when lost. He will certainly fit into Peps style and from me it's a definite yes.

I don't understand all the negativity. Pep's apparently studied this lad for the last 3 seasons, surely if he had any doubts that he couldn't get the best out of him he wouldn't bother. From what I've seen (and I'll be honest thats not much) he possesses electric pace and he can finish, ok he needs a bit of technical work but he's gonna be working under 1 of if not the best technical & tactical coaches in the world. Come on lads lets have a bit of positivity, I mean its not like we are signing Jo or Alan :)

Obviously not many on this thread have watched him play for Dortmund over the last season. He is what you might describe as a modern day centre forward bursting through gaps in the defence and regularly arriving on the end of crosses from either wing. Like Edin and most other strikers he will occasionally have a nightmare of a game and miss easy chances. For me he is the frontman with Kun playing just behind or around him to take advantage of the chaos caused in defences. He also brings a work ethic high up the pitch and will try to win the ball back when lost. He will certainly fit into Peps style and from me it's a definite yes.

Be very surprised to see either used to 'play off' each other unless we go 3 at the back. Could easily imagine Aguero, Ambaumayang, Sane in a front 3 though.

I don't understand all the negativity. Pep's apparently studied this lad for the last 3 seasons, surely if he had any doubts that he couldn't get the best out of him he wouldn't bother. From what I've seen (and I'll be honest thats not much) he possesses electric pace and he can finish, ok he needs a bit of technical work but he's gonna be working under 1 of if not the best technical & tactical coaches in the world. Come on lads lets have a bit of positivity, I mean its not like we are signing Jo or Alan :)
If we were in for Messi there would be some people kicking off over the price and saying he is too old.

Neither do I understand the negativity. It's like some people only want to see negatives. The lad was Dortmunds best player last season, scored a shedloads of goals, and yet many people seem to think he is not good enough for City in the PL. You people need to do a reality check.

Neither do I understand the negativity. It's like some people only want to see negatives. The lad was Bundesliga's** best player last season, scored a shedloads of goals, and yet many people seem to think he is not good enough for City in the PL. You people need to do a reality check.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.